Bumping up the Rough Country lift to 3+ inches?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Bumping up the Rough Country lift to 3+ inches??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
camber
2006 WK 

Bumping up the Rough Country lift to 3+ inches??

Hey guys,

So I have the Rough Country 2" spacer lift. I am thinking of getting the Bilstein 5100 adjustables in the front and setting them to .85" ... then getting Monroe load levelers for the rear. From everything I understand that should put me at about 3-3.5" of lift but still within spec to not have to deal with alignment and steering rack issues.

Does anyone know if I will be looking at other problems or issues in running this setup? Anyone running a similar setup? Pics are DEFINTELY welcome!

camber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
BoraBora
2006 WK 

All about measurements bro. Just don't exceed 22.5" up front and you're solid. In fact I even have a brand new set of Bilstein 5100 front struts I'm selling. If you decide to go this route I'll let them go for cheap.
2006 Black WK, Modified OME HD ~3.5'', Bilstein 5100's, 1.5" Wheel Spacers, Black JK Moabs, 285/70/R17 Duratracs, 7W Reverse LED's, tow hooks, 2 Hella 500ff's behind grill, Expanded sheet metal grill, ORT badge, Tail light guards, Firestik 3', Aux. input, Black housing headlights, Stingray roof basket, 2 Hella 500ffs on roof rack, 18% tint.
BoraBora is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 06:49 AM   #3
Eastwk
2007 WK 

This is exactly the setup I want to run I hope we see some pics
Eastwk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #4
Eastwk
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoraBora
All about measurements bro. Just don't exceed 22.5" up front and you're solid. In fact I even have a brand new set of Bilstein 5100 front struts I'm selling. If you decide to go this route I'll let them go for cheap.

How much do you want for your struts
Eastwk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #5
BoraBora
2006 WK 

$175 shipped. Sounds fair to me since shipping them is $50 just by itself.
2006 Black WK, Modified OME HD ~3.5'', Bilstein 5100's, 1.5" Wheel Spacers, Black JK Moabs, 285/70/R17 Duratracs, 7W Reverse LED's, tow hooks, 2 Hella 500ff's behind grill, Expanded sheet metal grill, ORT badge, Tail light guards, Firestik 3', Aux. input, Black housing headlights, Stingray roof basket, 2 Hella 500ffs on roof rack, 18% tint.
BoraBora is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2013, 01:49 AM   #6
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

i have the RC lift as well. i already have OME shocks installed. i just picked up some Rustys rear shocks which extend to like 29", a Rustys adjustable rear track bar, and a set of Rustys .25" spacers for the front. i plan on getting some OME MD springs in the near future, keeping my front OME shocks, putting a .25" spacer in front and leaving the rear RC spacer on, installing the rear track bar, and getting some brake line extensions. if it has too much rake (which im afraid of) im going to either get some 1" rear spacers fabbed up. an eventual RRO UCA up front is going to be coming as well.
| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #7
Chadwi
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by camber View Post
Hey guys,

So I have the Rough Country 2" spacer lift. I am thinking of getting the Bilstein 5100 adjustables in the front and setting them to .85" ... then getting Monroe load levelers for the rear. From everything I understand that should put me at about 3-3.5" of lift but still within spec to not have to deal with alignment and steering rack issues.

Does anyone know if I will be looking at other problems or issues in running this setup? Anyone running a similar setup? Pics are DEFINTELY welcome!
I am planning to use the 5100's with the RC lift. Stock I was at 18.5" front, 20" rear. I welded a 2" conduit coupling to the rear RC spacer to extend the bump stop 2". I made a poly spacer from a JK rear one I had to put the rear at 3.5" lift. I expect to have to cut the spacer down, it's 2" thick right now. My main concern is down travel in front with the longer 5100's and RC spacer. I ordered the JBA control arms to take care of the ball joint issues. I may look into limiting straps if it appears to be an issue. I am shooting for a ride height of about 22" in front with just a little rake.
Chadwi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #8
bobbylx
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoraBora View Post
Stupid question, but where is this measurement taken? Fender lip to center of hub? or elsewhere?

Struggling with the same decisions now for mine.
bobbylx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #9
Chadwi
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbylx View Post
Stupid question, but where is this measurement taken? Fender lip to center of hub? or elsewhere?

Struggling with the same decisions now for mine.
You are correct! Center of hub straight up to fender lip. By using this measurement it eliminates a lot of variables such as tires.
Chadwi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.