bumper replacement/brush guard/front skid options? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > bumper replacement/brush guard/front skid options?

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 01-01-2014, 05:32 PM   #16
816jared
2005 WK 

Need some help/suggestions, guys.

Hopefully going to order some armor tonight or tomorrow, just need to make up my mind on what I want. I'm just struggling to decide if I want to order the asfir or 4xguard front skid. There are two different part numbers for the asfir front skid, one is 05 and the other is 06-10. (http://asfir4x4.com/skidplates/skidp...-grandcherokee) Why would these be different? I much prefer the design of the 06-10 skid and would like to throw that one there, but if that's not possible just going to go with the 4xgaurd.

What do you guys think? Thanks!

Unread 01-01-2014, 05:47 PM   #17
IGOTURJEEPTHING

My home brew weighs maybe 80 pounds winch capable. Less than 200 invested.

IGOTURJEEPTHING is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 05:55 PM   #18
Anon155
2005 WK 

Looks like the 05 one listed on their website is for made a diesel? At least thats what it says on the left side of the page. I'd bet money to say the 06-10 model would work just fine on your 05. There shouldn't be any difference on how it would fit, since the 05-07 models were built exactly the same. Hopefully someone can clarify, because I have been thinking of getting one as well, so I wouldn't have to remove the 4xguard during oil changes.
05 Jeep Grand Cherokee: ORT 4X4; Khaki #55
Too many mod's to list...
Anon155 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 06:03 PM   #19
816jared
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTURJEEPTHING View Post
My home brew weighs maybe 80 pounds winch capable. Less than 200 invested.
I do like. Would it be possible to incorporate fog lights on a setup like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon155 View Post
Looks like the 05 one listed on their website is for made a diesel? At least thats what it says on the left side of the page. I'd bet money to say the 06-10 model would work just fine on your 05. There shouldn't be any difference on how it would fit, since the 05-07 models were built exactly the same. Hopefully someone can clarify, because I have been thinking of getting one as well, so I wouldn't have to remove the 4xguard during oil changes.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that was stumped when looking over that. I wasn't even aware diesel was an option in '05?
Unread 01-01-2014, 06:14 PM   #20
Anon155
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 816jared View Post
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that was stumped when looking over that. I wasn't even aware diesel was an option in '05?
I know they made a diesel in 05, I've even seen a few around the midwest for sale. But they are rare none the less. I'd make a guess to say maybe the 05 model was an early design for the Euro models? Looks to be similar to their wj skids.

On a side note, after doing a google search it looks like our very own Nate is possibly selling his Asfir skid on steel armadillo's website? It's his jeep in the pics anyway. They have it listed for 250! Here's the link: http://thesteelarmadillo.com/index.p...&product_id=71
05 Jeep Grand Cherokee: ORT 4X4; Khaki #55
Too many mod's to list...
Anon155 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 06:28 PM   #21
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

If your looking at the Asfir site, look under the commander. Most of the GC skids are for the Euro models. The Steel Armadillo skids are great. The issue with the 4xguard front skid is you need the factory front skid for complete protection, the TSA and Asfir skids replace the factory front skid. Check out Crawl-Offroad.com all the TSA and Asfir skids are listed.
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 06:30 PM   #22
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

As for brush guard/bumpers, TSA is working on a front brush guard and they are looking for a WK in the phoenix area to build a bumper off of
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 07:02 PM   #23
IGOTURJEEPTHING

[QUOTE=816jared;19021729]I do like. Would it be possible to incorporate fog lights on a setup like that?

Absolutely I have all kinds of room behind the bumper on the sides.
IGOTURJEEPTHING is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2014, 01:58 AM   #24
DK2005WK
2005 WK 

[quote=IGOTURJEEPTHING;19023529]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 816jared View Post
I do like. Would it be possible to incorporate fog lights on a setup like that?

Absolutely I have all kinds of room behind the bumper on the sides.

Hey! You said you sold the first bumper? Are you going to be selling anymore soon? If so, how much? I'm looking front and also a custom rear/tire carrier.
DK2005WK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2014, 05:43 AM   #25
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

[quote=DK2005WK;19031169]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTURJEEPTHING View Post

Hey! You said you sold the first bumper? Are you going to be selling anymore soon? If so, how much? I'm looking front and also a custom rear/tire carrier.
You sure you aren't thinking of 94Jeepman's bumper?
Unread 01-02-2014, 11:35 AM   #26
DK2005WK
2005 WK 

Oh yeah, You're right! Hoping people start making more bumpers to sell! haha... Anyone? LOL
DK2005WK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2014, 12:13 PM   #27
816jared
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK2005WK View Post
Oh yeah, You're right! Hoping people start making more bumpers to sell! haha... Anyone? LOL
that's the plan, just trying to figure out exactly what I want before leaving my jeep there for a few days

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.