Bumper/matrix/keystone...?? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 09-09-2015, 06:25 AM Thread Starter
wave_crusher
2006 WK 

Bumper/matrix/keystone...??

I will be buying some type of front end armor, for my WK, in two weeks. I am still undecided as to what I want. I don't really like the matrix or the keystone, but especially since they're both very close to the cost of the crawl offroad WK bumper.

My only hold back on the CO bumper is the lack of protection for the bottom area. A lot seems to hang down below the bumper with that design, are there options to add a slotted plate to cover the radiator/washer bottle that anybody has came up with? I'm not worried about hitting stuff on a trail, since my jeep is mostly a PP, but I drive in an area with lots of critters and deer. That's what i'm most concerned with in regards to the bottom of the radiator and washer bottle.

And i've yet again talked myself out of the matrix, I don't feel that it's worth the cost versus a whole bumper when I don't see any upside to decent front end protection. ARB bumper is basically out of the question, too expensive for my needs and it's just a big ugly SOB. If I could find a used one, then i'd consider it.

06 4.7L QT-II, RC 2", 255/70-17 Revo2, 1.5 spacers, SC Tuner, coilover shocks
Blk WK member #174
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-13-2015, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
wave_crusher
2006 WK 

Nobody has some input?

Blk WK member #174
post #3 of 11 Old 09-13-2015, 05:17 PM
Hendrix9
2007 WK 

Personally the windshield wiper bottle i wouldnt be top concerned with. I really like CORs bumper and would love one.
I currently have a matrix with the "wings" and the side pieces don't offer any real protection from anything. Imo.

2007 CRD QDII- ROR springs on 265/70/17s
2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6MT - Stock for now.
2004 4.7 GC- lawn ornament waiting for some TLC
post #4 of 11 Old 09-13-2015, 06:05 PM
Friendly_Cactus
2008 WK 

I really want the co bumper, but the lack of protection down low is concerning for me. My favorite bumper is the tag off road one. But their horrible customer service is a huge red flag for me. I wish theyd realize if they werent so dishonest more people would buy their products...

2008 WK HEMI. JBA/OME/Bilstine Lift. 17x9 Addicts, 285/70r17 Duratracs
post #5 of 11 Old 09-13-2015, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
wave_crusher
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix9 View Post
Personally the windshield wiper bottle i wouldnt be top concerned with. I really like CORs bumper and would love one.
I currently have a matrix with the "wings" and the side pieces don't offer any real protection from anything. Imo.
I don't mind the COR one, but as of what I know, there isn't any option to add in extra skid plates to protect the bottom of the bumper, which is part of the point of getting an "off-road" bumper; to add protection. There isn't an option for fog lights either. Plus, they just upped the price about $250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly_Cactus View Post
I really want the co bumper, but the lack of protection down low is concerning for me. My favorite bumper is the tag off road one. But their horrible customer service is a huge red flag for me. I wish theyd realize if they werent so dishonest more people would buy their products...
I was actually just looking at the TAG wincher bumper, I do like all the options they give you, from simple to complex. Heck, it'd be worth it to buy just the base bumper and build what you want. I didn't think to look into their customer service, are they supposed to be really bad?

Blk WK member #174
post #6 of 11 Old 09-13-2015, 08:49 PM
Friendly_Cactus
2008 WK 

From what I've read, they're extremely dishonest about building the bumper. (saying it will be at your house in a week and it shows up 6 months later)

2008 WK HEMI. JBA/OME/Bilstine Lift. 17x9 Addicts, 285/70r17 Duratracs
post #7 of 11 Old 09-13-2015, 09:04 PM
jd0110
2007 WK 

Well, CO never even called me about a mishap I had about a 3rd party order on their website. I'm so glad to see a new player.

2007 CRD QDII, OME HD, JK AEV Pintlers, 265/70/17 BFG KO2, 4xG Matrix, belly, RockRails, GDE ECO/HOT, UCF DIff, JBA Disco's
post #8 of 11 Old 09-15-2015, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
wave_crusher
2006 WK 

I'm still up in the air about what to get.

I know I want a bumper, but I don't want to go through TAG, and CO hasn't emailed me back, I emailed them over the weekend. Two business days should have been plenty to answer a simple email.

No ****ty grill guard, no matrix (entirely too much money for a place to stick lights). So either CO if they get their **** together, or I may just go with ARB and modify it to look more pleasing to me.

Blk WK member #174
post #9 of 11 Old 09-15-2015, 08:47 PM
jd0110
2007 WK 

Have u asked a local off-road fab shop?... The nicest rear I've seen was a local fab shop. Heck, don't be shortsighted and only check jeep shops but ones that do Nissan, Chevy , ford, etc...

2007 CRD QDII, OME HD, JK AEV Pintlers, 265/70/17 BFG KO2, 4xG Matrix, belly, RockRails, GDE ECO/HOT, UCF DIff, JBA Disco's
post #10 of 11 Old 09-16-2015, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
wave_crusher
2006 WK 

There isn't any off-road shops near me, i'd probably have to drive to the other side of the state to find any fab shops, at least decent ones. I know of a guy that does trailer and welding work. He rebuilt two trailers for me, I might give him a call up and see what he would think about fabbing me up a bumper, and possibly a rear as well.

Blk WK member #174
post #11 of 11 Old 09-16-2015, 07:20 PM
ca07wk
2007 WK 

I know it isnt pictured online but the Crawl Offroad bumper does come with the lower skid plate to protect the radiator. The skid plate mounts to the bottom of the bumper and to the lower radiator support. We havent addressed the washer reservoir issue, mainly because we havent ran into an issue with it and we've wheeled some pretty difficult trails with this bumper. We've played around with the idea of relocating it with a smaller universal tank, we relocated the coolant reservoir, just need to find a tank and a place to put it.

Crawl-Offroad.com-Boycott Paved Roads
2006 WK Limited Modified QT2
OME HD/RRO UCA/Wrangler MTRs on Moabs/JKS Rear Discos/Steel Armadillo Skids, Sliders,Front Shackles,Antenna Mount/Crawl Rear Skid

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.