Bumper Guard for WK. quick question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Bumper Guard for WK. quick question

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 07-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
CRDOVERLAND

Bumper Guard for WK. quick question

Evening,

After about two years of hunting, I finally found the exact Jeep I have been looking for. 2008 Overland CRD In GreyStone Pearl coat with the Saddle interior . She only has 56,000 miles on her and is damn near completely flawless. Took her home Saturday after flying to northern Wisconsin to pick her up. Within a few days I have had a lady open BOTH of her car doors into mine and leave deep dings, And today I had a lady ram into my front bumper while im sitting in the parking lot waiting for the misses. She left a nice fold in the bumper. Well on with the question, sorry for the rant.

Im going to be placing a rear bumper guard in chrome on the Jeep and I am looking for a front bumper guard thats not a complete brush guard, and only covers the lower part of the bumper.

There is a company named WAAG that makes the exact thing im looking for, but does not list one in my model year. Its also not it chrome. They call it the front runner.
http://www.waag.com/static/showroom/18.php

Does anyone know of a similar product that is made in chrome? OR something that would look good?

I really appreciate the help.

Thanks guys

Anthony

CRDOVERLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #2
Anon155
2005 WK 

Nice Rig! Love the Saddle brown interior!! Haven't seen a WK with it before.

You say you're looking for something that only covers only the lower part of the bumper. The one in the link looks kinda bulky IMO. There are some on here that have similar ones though and they seem to like 'em. Have you looked into the Matrix by 4xGuard at all? It's more of an offroad style, but it's well made and only goes around the bottom bumper and not over the headlights. They sell it in a black/silver, which should match your pearl coat pretty well.
05 Jeep Grand Cherokee: ORT 4X4; Khaki #55
Too many mod's to list...
Anon155 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #3
CRDOVERLAND

Hey Anon155!
Thanks alot man. This is the 12th Jeep in our family! I have been hunting FOREVER to find this one.
Where I live, People do not care at all regarding other peoples cars/trucks. People are incredibly ignorant. My heart broke when the lady hit me today in the parking lot and acted like nothing happened.. And the two door dings Already cost me 180.00 bucks to get removed.

Im really looking for something that will not take away from the Overland look.

The bar you sent me looks great. Im not seeing it in chrome though? And would you happen to know any other products that are similar?

Thanks for the response,

Anthony
Unread 07-26-2013, 04:45 AM   #4
sunoff
2010 WK 

Steel Armadillo super sliders would help. Then the other person would damage their own door not your baby. no idea if they come in chrome though, I'm in the midst of deleting all my chrome lol different strokes right?
Unread 07-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #5
CRDOVERLAND

Hey thanks for the info buddy! im really looking for something to cover the front bumper? Do you happen to know anything else?

Thanks!
Unread 07-26-2013, 07:53 AM   #6
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Are you looking for more of a bull bar? The link you posted showed a brush guard when i clicked it.
Unread 07-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #7
CRDOVERLAND

Yeah sorry about that. If you look at the row of jeeps on top of the page it show the item im lookong for. Its called the front runner. Im looking for something that would be in silver/chrome and keep with the style of the overland while protecting the front bumper.

Thanks!
Unread 07-26-2013, 08:05 AM   #8
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

This one is the front runner but it is stainless steel and the supports are black. http://www.707motoring.com/product_p/frjp-333-71b.htm
Unread 07-26-2013, 08:06 AM   #9
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

http://www.suvdressup.com/2005_10_JE...s-fslash-b.htm
Unread 07-26-2013, 09:15 AM   #10
CRDOVERLAND

Jeepforthewin dude thats it!! Thats what im looking for! Thanks so much!
You think that would look good on my rig?
Unread 07-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #11
Anon155
2005 WK 

The 4xGuard Matrix only comes in black or black/silver. No chrome, sorry. I wouldn't buy the full package with the grill loop. Just the mounting platform and brush rail kit. The only problem I see with the ones you're looking towards is rust issues down the road. And of course, living in the midwest, I know what salt does to our cars. Even though many companies say stainless, the coatings are usually not a full stainless. Ex: Stainless step bars. Had them on several trucks and they still showed signs of rust no matter what I did to prevent it. The manufacturers were great, sent me out other sets, etc. But eventually I just took them off all together. It wasn't worth my time and effort. At least with the 4xguard or another all painted product you can touch it up without much effort, you could even paint it to match the pearl coat if you so choose. That would dress it up without taking away from the overland look. I think what Jeepforthewin showed you would look good though.
Unread 07-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #12
CRDOVERLAND

Ahh you got a point.. Got me thinking now. Do those rust out alot?
Unread 07-26-2013, 10:04 AM   #13
Anon155
2005 WK 

Anything made of steel that's been painted, powder coated, or chromed will eventually have some rust issues. The salt just does damage to steel parts. Either on the brackets, the chroming, or both. From what I do know, make sure whatever company you order it from will replace it if there is problems. Check it regularly this winter. Read their lifetime warranty carefully! Certain ones will state only manufacturer defects count towards the lifetime warranty. Rust issues, etc are not because they happen "naturally" due to the item being used outdoors all year long. Believe me, I'm not trying to take you away from something you want. Just pointing out the things I've had issues with using similar products.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.