bulletproof wk build thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > bulletproof wk build thread

NEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.comEnd of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 12-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #46
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
Things are obviously going far better in VZ than in the US...
ROFLMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieque View Post
I assumed this thread was about making the vehicle so it was very capable and never break down on the trail, was I wrong!

Interesting thread though!
I was never under that impression. I was under the impression that if someone pulled up next to him and decided to start shooting rounds at his Jeep, he's still be safe in his Jeep.

Unread 12-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #47
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiang26 View Post

Thanks I appreciated.
I want to copy the hidden winch mod from omelet but I don't know if it will work with the 2008+ bumper, I am also saving some money to buy a mj and use it as a trail vehicle.
She's looking good! Those larger tires make a big differance. For your Jeep I would recommend getting something like an ARB bar so you can fit a larger 12k winch in there. With all that weight you are going to need a large winch, which you won't be able to fit hidden in yhe OEM bumper.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 06:37 AM   #48
christiang26
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet

She's looking good! Those larger tires make a big differance. For your Jeep I would recommend getting something like an ARB bar so you can fit a larger 12k winch in there. With all that weight you are going to need a large winch, which you won't be able to fit hidden in yhe OEM bumper.
Thanks, I have been looking on the arb bumper but it is very heavy + the winch I think it will be around 200 or 250 pounds, I will wait to see the new saguaro model.
christiang26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #49
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Yep it is a heavy beast! I just figured since you have so much weight already that a couple hundred more wouldn't bother you You could always look into having a custom aluminum one made locally. It would be a little pricey but would probably come out to about the same as buying a bumper and then having it shipped to you.

Unread 12-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #50
christiang26
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
Yep it is a heavy beast! I just figured since you have so much weight already that a couple hundred more wouldn't bother you You could always look into having a custom aluminum one made locally. It would be a little pricey but would probably come out to about the same as buying a bumper and then having it shipped to you.
Here in Venezuela there is a company that make custom accessories, they will charge me around 350 for the bumper but they need to stay with the wk for a month, so I am waiting for other customer to bring a wk so they can fabricate one for him and see how is the final product.
The problem with the weight is not MPG (a full tank is cheaper than a bottle of water), is that you can feel how the wk struggle with all the added weight.
Unread 01-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #51
toycam

Where did you get that body decal on the left and right just forward of the front doors? I've been looking for something like that for my jeep
toycam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #52
christiang26
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toycam
Where did you get that body decal on the left and right just forward of the front doors? I've been looking for something like that for my jeep
I got it here http://www.rebadgedesign.com/home
Unread 01-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #53
Scottso699
2006 WK 

Quote:
Then installed a modded superlift giving 5" front and 5" back
Just as a side note - did anyone notice the axle? He's sportin' a Dana 44HD like what they use on the SRT-8 - not the typical 8.25 all the rest of us domestic jeepers have! Interesting.

This thread is fascinating. I have always wondered but never had anyone to ask - what is the price of gas there in Venezuela? I have heard it is very cheap.
image-2541053918.jpg  

2006 WK Overland
2014 WK2 Limited
Scottso699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #54
christiang26
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottso699

Just as a side note - did anyone notice the axle? He's sportin' a Dana 44HD like what they use on the SRT-8 - not the typical 8.25 all the rest of us domestic jeepers have! Interesting.

This thread is fascinating. I have always wondered but never had anyone to ask - what is the price of gas there in Venezuela? I have heard it is very cheap.
I don't know the difference between the the Dana that I have vs the one that they use in USA but is the one that came stock with the wk, it has the qtII. The gas is very cheap I fill the tank of the wk with 25 cents it is cheaper than a bottle of water.
Unread 01-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #55
Scottso699
2006 WK 

Quote:
I don't know the difference between the the Dana that I have vs the one that they use in USA but is the one that came stock with the wk, it has the qtII. The gas is very cheap I fill the tank of the wk with 25 cents it is cheaper than a bottle of water.
25 cents.... that makes me want to cry.... I spend at least $65 a tank.

The axle you have is made by the Dana Corporation and is similar to the axle that US/Canada WK's use. We here in the states have Chrysler built 8.25 axle (the 8.25 refer's to the ring gear diameter but in reality it is actually now 213mm or 8.34 inches). The only WKs here in the states that use a Dana 44A are the SRT-8 editions - but they are totally different beasts! I had the Dana 44A in my old 1998 ZJ and contrary to what anyone said it was beefy and strong as hell.

It just seems weird that Jeep would put a different axle in production for another country...

2006 WK Overland
2014 WK2 Limited
Unread 01-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #56
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I could be wrong but I think the D44 also comes on the non QD2 diesels here in the states. The diesel and SRT use the same tranny which is probably why they use the same rear axel (and drive shafts) except for the QD2 which uses the 8.25 for the ELSD.

Unread 01-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #57
Scottso699
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
I could be wrong but I think the D44 also comes on the non QD2 diesels here in the states. The diesel and SRT use the same tranny which is probably why they use the same rear axel (and drive shafts) except for the QD2 which uses the 8.25 for the ELSD.
I think you are correct - one of our diesel brothers can verify this though...

2006 WK Overland
2014 WK2 Limited
Unread 01-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #58
christiang26
2009 WK 

Maybe they use the Dana 44 on all the wk models that were made here in Venezuela because they only made 4.7, 4x4 and 2wd, limited and Laredo.
Unread 01-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #59
anthonyribeca

That thing looks jacked why does the back tire not look centered
anthonyribeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 11:11 PM   #60
camber
2006 WK 

I just randonly found this thread ... read through it and was thouroughly interested! I was bummed to see it end so abruptly. Maybe I can zombie this thing back to life and we can get some more updates?!

...oh, and 25 cents to fill up your whole tank?! Jesus, it might be worth bulletproofing my own WK and buying some property down there for those prices!
camber is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.