Build Thread? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Build Thread?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Build Thread?

At what point does one begin a build thread? Because, honestly, I've seen build threads that are a bit boring. I have seen that usually the build threads that are most watched are the ones focused on the best looking wks. I am subscribed to The Dentist a few other ones and ofcourse (like everyone else here) to Omelets thread as well. I just don't wanna start my build thread and bore people. I don't consider my WK to be up to these standards quite yet. So I'm asking, at what point does one consider starting his or her own build thread?

'05 WK Limited, QD-II, 5.7L HEMI, Volant Cold Air Intake, Aries Taillight Guards, Rola Roof Rack, Cobra CB, Firestik Antennas, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, OME HD lift, 285/70-17 GY Duratracs, Spidertrax Spacers, Superchips Programmer, Steel Armadillo Super Sliders
~Jeep makes it HEMI shakes it~Ain't Nothing Humble about that HEMI Rumble~
S1L3NT_WH33L3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
daltexjeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

I would say, once you have several modifications that you have documented with pictures and information about the mod then go ahead and start one. It may not be the most popular thread but I enjoy seeing photos that give me ideas of how different mods may look on my jeep. I am sure others can appreciate this as well. I say start one!
daltexjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltexjeeper
I would say, once you have several modifications that you have documented with pictures and information about the mod then go ahead and start one. It may not be the most popular thread but I enjoy seeing photos that give me ideas of how different mods may look on my jeep. I am sure others can appreciate this as well. I say start one!
Well put, thank you sir. Well heres a list of my mods:
OME HD
Jeep Hulk wheels
285/70-17 GY Duratracs
Aries Taillight Guards
Rola Roof Rack
Saguro Right and Left side antenna mounts
Coaxial firering cable
Cobra cb
2 3' Firestik antennas
Steel Armadillo Super Sliders (en route)
Volant Cold Air Intake
Magnaflow 3”pipe exhause
Superchips Flashpaq
Viair Economy 400c 150PSI compressor with a 2.5 gallon tank (havent mounted yet)
I used to have a dual air short ram intake that looks real cool lol

Any anyone may be interested in seeing?
'05 WK Limited, QD-II, 5.7L HEMI, Volant Cold Air Intake, Aries Taillight Guards, Rola Roof Rack, Cobra CB, Firestik Antennas, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, OME HD lift, 285/70-17 GY Duratracs, Spidertrax Spacers, Superchips Programmer, Steel Armadillo Super Sliders
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #4
daltexjeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Start off with the stock photo and go down the list from there . Something as little as how you routed the coax from the cab to the rear of the Jeep could be beneficial for someone to see. I'd love to see how your Jeep looks now.
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Quote:
Start off with the stock photo and go down the list from there . Something as little as how you routed the coax from the cab to the rear of the Jeep could be beneficial for someone to see. I'd love to see how your Jeep looks now.
Ill post a quick pic for you
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #6
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3NT_WH33L3R

Ill post a quick pic for you
Actually check out the lift+wheels combo thread. Mine is one of the last ones, check it out
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #7
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Post up.....what is boring to you may be exciting to me. I am not doing anything in my build right now that no one else has done. Lots of pics as well...that is the key.
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #8
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr29
Post up.....what is boring to you may be exciting to me. I am not doing anything in my build right now that no one else has done. Lots of pics as well...that is the key.
Ill have to take some cuz I didnt take alot during most of my installs
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #9
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3NT_WH33L3R View Post
Ill have to take some cuz I didnt take alot during most of my installs
thats my problem, i have maybe 3 pictures of my truck before my lift ... only a couple after my lift and hardly non of me doing my lift ... once i step up and do a couple more things and take pictures ... ill make a build thread

also i see alot of guys throwing pics with really nice backdrops and wheeling pics in their builds ... which is NEVER boring lol
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #10
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydipps

thats my problem, i have maybe 3 pictures of my truck before my lift ... only a couple after my lift and hardly non of me doing my lift ... once i step up and do a couple more things and take pictures ... ill make a build thread

also i see alot of guys throwing pics with really nice backdrops and wheeling pics in their builds ... which is NEVER boring lol
Im hopong the get some good pics today. If this overcast is gone by the time I hit the trail
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #11
daltexjeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Your jeep looks great. Love the wheels and red calipers. Where did you pick those wheels up?
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #12
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Quote:
Your jeep looks great. Love the wheels and red calipers. Where did you pick those wheels up?
Thanks man, another guy was selling off his commander. I was originally looking at the AEV pintlers but id always wanted the hulk wheels and it was a killer price so I couldnt pass them up
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #13
daltexjeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Good call. I too am a huge fan of the AEVs but saving 700 dollars and picking up 4 of those...well...I'd do the same thing as you in a heartbeat.
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #14
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Quote:
Good call. I too am a huge fan of the AEVs but saving 700 dollars and picking up 4 of those...well...I'd do the same thing as you in a heartbeat.
Don't get me wrong, I have the money for the AEVs but its like, everyone wanys them so that would ruin the originality of my jeep. Ive seen only one WK with the hulk wheels and he wasnt lifted or anything ive always been a fan of these wheels so I thought itd bring me more individual points I love the way they came out
Unread 02-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #15
jager00
2005 WK 

I started mine when it came to the point where i was beginning to forget some of my smaller mods. So i started one kinda to show people where i stand and so i can keep track where im at in my build. I actually have a list of the mods i want and the order i want to get them. Of course its subject to change due to getting deals or parta not being out yet.

2005 WK 9" lift on 37's with all the goodies- regretfully sold :(
jager00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.