I am helping a friend install a lift in his 06' wk 4.7. I do not spend a lot of time in the WK segment but I have looked through some WK builds to get an idea of what is needed.
The following is what we have planned, please let me know what else is needed and any helpful hints for the install.
Purchased Kolak's OME 3" lift which has new springs, struts, shocks, isolators, and top plates. We did not purchase extended swaybar links or an adjustable TB which I believe is necessary from my zj/wj experience.
I have asked my friend to purchase this upper a-arm setup, but I am not sure he will. : http://www.rocky-road.com/wk-grand-c...ntrol-arm.html
Here are my questions to you guys:
1) at 3", will extended swaybar links be necessary?
2) will my friend need an adjustable TB to center the rear axle? (I believe so)
3) How quickly do you guys experience upper ball-joint failure when lifted?
4) Anyone running the rocky-road a-arm?
5) How much larger of a tire can my friend use before he has issues with "the bolt" on factory wheels? I do not know what his plans are for tires or wheels, but he will go larger. A spacer will be needed I assume.
Thanks for the help.