Broke a pin PCM 2005 Laredo.. Can I buy a replacement... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Broke a pin PCM 2005 Laredo.. Can I buy a replacement...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
rambino

Broke a pin PCM 2005 Laredo.. Can I buy a replacement...

I was pulling out a connector on my 4x4 2005 Laredo and noticed one of the pins came loose and pulled out as well. This really sux. A new PCM is around 600$ however I see one on Ebay used with my exact part number P56044516AE.

Can I buy the used one with the same part number and have the Dealer Flash it to my car or do I have to buy a totally fresh one from the start?

Thanks

rambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
TangoTango
2008 WK 

The dealer, or any one with a programmer can flash it.

I have noticed a lot of "junk" on eBay. i.e. Defective items that people say are perfect. Make sure it has a warentee, and if it does and it's bad, the dealer is still going to charge for the programming.

SOme computer board repair guys can fix those pins. Not sure what they would charge though?
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.