Bridgestone Revo2 or Firestone destination AT - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Bridgestone Revo2 or Firestone destination AT

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Get DBA Brake Rotors From ExtremeTerrain.com!Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 02-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
IndyBlueWK
2005 WK 

Bridgestone Revo2 or Firestone destination AT

Kinda torn between the two... dont wanna go with an MT because its my daily..

IndyBlueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
t3kmitch
2005 WK 

I have revo 2s just because there was a mail in rebate that brought them to the same price as the destinations. Hard for me to rate tires since I don't have much experience with different at's but so far they're good. Only seen road driving so far.

Snow they're awesome. Haven't seen very deep stuff yet but gets through 6" easily and grabs good on packed roads.

It seems they're hit or miss on mileage though. Some people get 30k others get 60k. That would be what would shy me away.

Any reason you're only deciding between the 2? Search around here and there's many more good tires in the same price range.
Blue WK Club Member #32
t3kmitch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

i loved my revo2's on my durango before i traded it in for the jeep
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
IndyBlueWK
2005 WK 

I've had really good luck with bridgestone and firestone's before thats why I want either one or the other. Its not so much price as to maybe which one that looks better or rides better.
Unread 02-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
t3kmitch
2005 WK 

Well mine are much quieter than the forteras that were on it when I bought it. That could change as they wear, but no signs yet.

I think the revo2 tread design has a unique look, but neither tire have the aggressive look you'd get from a duratrac (for example). Personally I have my revo2s white-out and like the font better than the destinations, but that may be getting picky on my part.
Blue WK Club Member #32
t3kmitch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #6
red08
2008 WK 

I have had both. Revo's look better. But in regards to performance the Destinations are much better.
We are Americans. We should take care of our own and mind our own business. And if someone starts a fight with us we should not be afraid to defend ourselves and smash their teeth in. We shouldn't appologize after and pay their dental bill!!!
red08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #7
onlyone
2014 JK Wrangler 

I like them both. I have yet to have the Revo2. I have and continue to roll on the original Revo's. The Revo's are superior to the destinations IMHO. I have had 4 sets now.
Unread 02-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #8
meep
2008 WK 

i have revo 2. they are noisier than stock but not bad as long as kept rotated. The grip is far better than stock forteras. Like many review on tirerack, there is a nasty mpg penalty (-2mpg) for using them. I've got 14,000 on mine and it looks like I'll see 50k out of them. However for what they cost and the mpg penalty, I think there are probably better options out there. My next tires will either be Firestones or BFGs.
meep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #9
Budasac
2005 WK 

I've had the Destination AT's for about 25,000 miles. Very happy with them so far. Never had the Revos so I can't compare but, the Firestones are wearing nicely, handle wet roads very well, and were unstoppable in the all the snow we had last winter. If I went off road more I might go with something a little more aggressive but, for a daily driver I would definately puirchase the Firestones again.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #10
meep
2008 WK 

it really sounds like the destination AT is a good tire. We're on our second set of Destination LE's on the wifey's street-only MDX and they are a Fantastic tire, especially considering the price. Stiff sidewalls, long life, good grip wet or dry. It's basically last-year's Bridgestone Dueler HL, but at a fraction of the price.
meep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2012, 01:18 AM   #11
Piepenbrok420
2013 JK Wrangler 

I work for firestone, i just took a set of revo 2's off and sold them because they suck in mud and dont last. Dont suggest them. The destination at is a far superior tire.
Unread 02-08-2012, 06:08 AM   #12
wvmark73

I had Destination A/Ts on a previous Isuzu Trooper. They worked will for every thing I did, snow, unpaved roads, packed dirt, light mud.
wvmark73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2012, 06:15 AM   #13
dfw

I replaced Revo 2's with destination ATs on my Liberty. The revo 2 performed well, but I really disliked the road noise. The best analogy for the sound is like the sound of high wind in a barn
dfw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2012, 06:24 AM   #14
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

My revo 2's on the durango were remarkably quiet. I couldn't hear them at all...I had less than 10k miles on them so I can't talk about their life
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2012, 06:25 AM   #15
IndyBlueWK
2005 WK 

It still sounds like a toss up in less price is a factor... O well... Would anyone agree that the Firestone At is like a BFG?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.