Brake lines for modified OME? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Brake lines for modified OME?

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 11-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
WieSeL

Brake lines for modified OME?

I got rustys spacers for the front and rear and was wondering if brake line length would be an issue. Do you have to get extended brake lines or any kind of drop bracket to compensate for a total of 4 inch lift front and rear? Stacking spacers up front with extended studs for the strut plates and going another 1.5 out back with removing the stock coil insulator and adding in a 2 inch spacer to get a full 4 inch lift.

WieSeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #2
WieSeL

Bump
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:57 PM   #3
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Put it together and then take a look at how much slack you have in the brake lines. Flex it out somewhere you have control of your suspension travel - ideally an RTI ramp but you get what I'm saying.
The front you ought to be able to tell pretty quick since you're basically pushing the "default" down travel by stacking spacers. The rear probably has a little more room to play with.

FWIW when I modified mine with 1 Rusty's spacer up front and combined a .5" poly spacer with extra coil isolaters out back I did not do anything in regards to brake lines. Granted, it's about a half inch under what you'll be, but I don't have any issues - and it's been tested..........I've never disco'd the sway bars, but I've wheeled it hard a few times since the modification.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #4
WieSeL

Ok I will check it out and if need be get some custom lines built. Thanks
Unread 11-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #5
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

I'm am working on finding someone to mass produce extended brake line for the WK
ca07wk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #6
WieSeL

There is a performance shop where im at that builds lines for around $10 to $20 a line. My buddy had to get some built for his 4runner and his 4 inch lift
Unread 11-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #7
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Damn that's cheap! What's this place called?
ca07wk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #8
WieSeL

Tognotti's. It's a local speed shop up here in Sacramento.
Unread 11-28-2013, 11:01 AM   #9
WieSeL

Tognotti's. It's a local speed shop up here in Sacramento. I think they are mostly $20 depending on length and all.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.