Bought a commander - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Bought a commander

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 11-16-2005, 11:26 PM   #16
Somthor

I dont know either, it was simply on display and I looked it over and sat in it.

felt the sterring wheel was too small and the instrments all laid out wrong. but thats jsut me.

seemed roomy. inital impression was good but when I started to think how it would fit in with my family needs it fell flat.

If i wanted a german version of the XJ id buy a G55 (except i cant afford one)

Last year of the AMC. Modified
9 inch K&N cone filter and air tube
MSD 6A ignition and SSII blaster coil
improved thermostate houseing and fan relay switch
92 OEM cooling upgrade
4 gauge wiring upgrade
4.6L stroker engine
58mm TB and 1" spacer
24lb injectors
and for that extra power an Momo shifter knob
blue wagoneer club member #1
Somthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2005, 02:53 AM   #17
bullaculla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCOHEMI

I had the dealer swap the Chromes and credit me a couple hundred, since I just wanted the brushed aluminum, 5 spokes.
Should've kept the chromies! not that I like bling or anything like that, its just because the chromes are forged alum vs cast alum for the brushed wheels.

but when I feel mine, it feels like a chrome plastic cover. anyone else notice that on the chrome wheels? I need to take one off one day.
bullaculla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2005, 04:26 PM   #18
silverback

Wow I leave for a day and my thread gets hijacked....Somthor I can tell you that my limiteds interior does not look cheasy....with that said I will try and get some more pics for you guys maybe even one of the hotty that drives it
silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2005, 11:20 PM   #19
SYCOHEMI

From appearance alone, I didn't notice the forged construction, but you are right, that is a superior process.

I would think they should chrome plate the cast ones, and leave the forged ones unplated, to showcase the beauty of the forging.

But, I'm not in the business of manufacturing cars.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2005, 12:39 AM   #20
HeavyT

I just bought a Commander 2 weeks ago:

5.7L Hemi Limited, Fully loaded minus GPS
Black

Wow is it awesome, it gets so many looks as I drive down the street.
Its completly covered in snow where I am and the I find the Commander has great handeling on ice, and even with those big windows it warms up pretty quick and the defrost is awesome too.

Im taking it on a 1600Km trip in about two weeks in the cold weather. Any questions for about it can be e-mailed.
HeavyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2005, 09:31 AM   #21
SGilbert
2014 KL Cherokee 

Bought mine 11/3. Limited, Black/grey, Nav, Hemi, rear DVD.

Love it. Tightest, quietest vehicle I've had in a long time.

Only complaints: Steering is WAY too tight, and the seatbelt warning irks the S**t out of me! Heated seats take too long to warm up, though!

2000 miles already, and not a single problem.
Unread 11-26-2005, 10:09 PM   #22
SYCOHEMI

I thought the steering felt a bit cadillac-ish (referring to circa 1980's cadillacs, not current day), luxurious, over powered and loose.

No rattles either, and seems quiet and refined. About 3K miles.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 11-30-2005, 08:01 AM   #23
GC2000CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCOHEMI
I thought the steering felt a bit cadillac-ish (referring to circa 1980's cadillacs, not current day), luxurious, over powered and loose.

No rattles either, and seems quiet and refined. About 3K miles.
That seems to be more and more common nowadays. I prefer steering with a bit more effort. My WJ almost felt twitchy on center at first because of the sensitivity and lack of steering effort, until I got used to it (which only took about an hour!)...now it doesn't bother me. The WK is much better, and I imagine the Commander is more similar to that.

I'll have to get out and drive a Commander next time I have my Jeep in for service. I'm not looking to replace my current vehicle yet, but I'd really like to check it out anyway.
Unread 11-30-2005, 05:19 PM   #24
solarpower
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Picked up a "Commaddy" yeterday.

Wow..Bling..Bling..

It is by far the best riding Jeep I have ever been in. (on pavement of course)

Got the "U" package, less chrome, no Hemi. I did get the 4.7 cause I will be using it to tow the Rubicon. I have butt warming seats, that's nice.
Unread 11-30-2005, 11:27 PM   #25
SYCOHEMI

What's the "U" package?
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 11-30-2005, 11:41 PM   #26
HeavyT

I bought a Commander 3 weeks ago.

Limited with the HEMI, black in colour, and saddle brown seats, fully loaded too! Great vehicle for snow I find, it hugs the road so well even if its really icy, I guess I can thank the eletronic slip protection for that.
Unread 12-02-2005, 07:04 AM   #27
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I finally saw one on the road yesterday (not at just the dealer). Boy do they look sweet!

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2005, 11:03 AM   #28
SYCOHEMI

Let's see more pics of everyone's rides:

My pics are in the Hollister thread.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...I/2547c698.jpg
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE

Last edited by SYCOHEMI; 12-02-2005 at 09:08 PM..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.