Bought a commander - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Bought a commander

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-13-2005, 05:34 AM   #1
silverback

Bought a commander

Just bought a new commander yesterday. Wasn't planning on buying it but the deal was to great. And boy does this thing have every option on earth. Cannt wait to take it on a road trip.

silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2005, 10:41 AM   #2
SkyjacktZJ
1995 ZJ 

What options did you get? Post up some pics.
Unread 11-13-2005, 10:53 AM   #3
CinciSurWJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback
Just bought a new commander yesterday. Wasn't planning on buying it but the deal was to great. And boy does this thing have every option on earth. Cannt wait to take it on a road trip.
Congratulation on your purchase !

Do post the pics of your New Commander, which model did you get and what is specs on it.
Kevin's 2.5"BB, DT3000, OME SS, Addco Rear Sway bar
Front Skid & Transfer Case Skid.

CinciSurWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2005, 11:03 AM   #4
silverback

Will get pics to you guys as soon as possible. Its a silver limited hemi with every option except engine block heater and brown seats.
Unread 11-15-2005, 02:40 PM   #5
guz

congrats! bought one also at the beginning of the month. didn't get the hemi tho.

here's some pics:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...e/IMG_4493.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...e/IMG_4490.jpg
Unread 11-15-2005, 03:03 PM   #6
CinciSurWJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by guz
congrats! bought one also at the beginning of the month. didn't get the hemi tho.

here's some pics:

Nice Commander !

Is it a limited and what are the specs ?

Unread 11-15-2005, 03:24 PM   #7
guz

it is a 4.7 Limited 4x4 with most of the options (nav, uconnect, dvd, quadra trac/drive II, saddle brown, tow & offroad pkg, etc.). stickered at $44090
Unread 11-15-2005, 03:55 PM   #8
silverback

Thanks!! It has every option but the brown seats and the engine block heater. Gotta love the hemi.
Unread 11-15-2005, 04:42 PM   #9
CinciSurWJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback

Thanks!! It has every option but the brown seats and the engine block heater. Gotta love the hemi.
Nice Commander !

I love the Saddle brown seats, saw this in my friends Ford F350 KingRanch and like it immediate. Can you take the pics of the interior and post here..

Unread 11-15-2005, 04:47 PM   #10
CinciSurWJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by guz
it is a 4.7 Limited 4x4 with most of the options (nav, uconnect, dvd, quadra trac/drive II, saddle brown, tow & offroad pkg, etc.). stickered at $44090
Are you sure you have Quadra Trac/Drive II, i guess it is only Quadra Drive II. Track and Drive are slightly different animal.

QDII you have electronic Limited Slip on both Front and Rear Diffs, not on QT II.

Is there a good discount available for 06 model now??

Please post the interior pics of your commander if you could, like to see the Saddle Brown leather seats.

Unread 11-15-2005, 07:05 PM   #11
SYCOHEMI

I have the Quadra Drive II system on my Limited. Stickered at $42,860 with Nav, Tow Group, Hitch, 5.7L, Chrome Wheels, OWL Tires, destination charge.

I had the dealer swap the Chromes and credit me a couple hundred, since I just wanted the brushed aluminum, 5 spokes.

Are the brown seats an extra cost? I just got the slate/graystone interior.

Here's a picture from Hollister, CA.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...I/3820fa33.jpg
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2005, 02:39 PM   #12
guz

I guess the Trac II is automatically added as an option when you get the 4x4. Once you add the Drive II option it replaces the Trac II.

I'll send pics of the Saddle Brown as soon as I can take one that looks good. The pics don't do it's justice, seeing it in person is much better. I haven't seen the Ford King's, but others have told me that the Jeep's saddle is softer.

SYC.. the saddle is a $150 upgrade. I wish i thought of swapping the chromes too. I would've asked for the Hulk upgrade wheels found on the non-Limited Commander. Oh well, like my friends say... at least I can roll "thug style" in town.
Unread 11-16-2005, 07:54 PM   #13
SYCOHEMI

I thought the Hulk wheels were the coolest when I saw them in the catalog, and was bummed that I didn't swap for those when I originally bought.

But I saw them in person today at the dealer, and I think they are nice, but I am okay with my wheels. The "Hulk" name raised my expectations.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 11-16-2005, 09:51 PM   #14
Somthor

Looked at one today and I didnt like it. From the outside I was excited It remined me of my XJ only bigger!!!

THen I sat in it. thought the inside was kinda cheasy... the gagues should have been bigger and the tach was on the right when it hsould have been on the left..

I also felt the engine should have been the 4.0 I6 but im kinda resistnat to change..

To me a jeep is supposed to be about proven reliable tech that is over built so it lasts and performs as expected.

I walked away feeling it was a sheep in wolfs clothing.

Maybe if I actualy drove one I might change my mind but I dunno

Last year of the AMC. Modified
9 inch K&N cone filter and air tube
MSD 6A ignition and SSII blaster coil
improved thermostate houseing and fan relay switch
92 OEM cooling upgrade
4 gauge wiring upgrade
4.6L stroker engine
58mm TB and 1" spacer
24lb injectors
and for that extra power an Momo shifter knob
blue wagoneer club member #1
Somthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2005, 11:17 PM   #15
SYCOHEMI

Most people that I have shown the interior are really impressed by it. Not sure what interior package you were looking at.

I don't come from a Jeep background, so I don't know what to expect, in terms of tradition and instruments.

I feel the stitching on the leather seats was very well done. And the perforations are very classy.

The Commander interior definitely uses a lot of plastic and other base materials, but I thought it was utilitarian and clean, with a touch of class. I like it.

My other vehicles are German made, so the interiors are typically designed with form over function.

The Commander interior is definitely not posh like a Lexus, but I wouldn't want it to be.
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.