boston acoustic system question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > boston acoustic system question

Long Arm kits for all JK models from Clayton Off RoadFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 02-18-2009, 07:02 PM   #1
konarider94
2005 WK 

boston acoustic system question

Does anyone know if the input to the amplifier is at a pre-amp level or speaker level input. the reason im asking is because i want to add an aftermarket subwoofer and it would be very convenient to tie into a pre-amp signal right in the rear part of the jeep. alternatively my amp has a speaker level input. or i could use a line level converter.

konarider94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2009, 09:47 PM   #2
98JEEPTJ
2005 WK 

I do not have the answer you are looking for but you might have an answer for me. Do you have a wiring diagram for the stereo and amp? I am also getting everything in order to add a Double din DVD/navigation system and sub and amp.
Unread 03-15-2009, 08:59 PM   #3
warrenhaynes
2006 WK 

I used an inline converter. Everything works fine except the sub has a seperate volume control and still bumps pretty hard when the stereo volume is low between 1-15
warrenhaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 12:43 AM   #4
davidkaron

where did you connect the inline converter to?
davidkaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 01:36 AM   #5
Remmy
2005 WK 

I just got done putting subs in mine yesterday using hi-lo converters from radio shack.
I was wondering if the head unit was a preamp as well so I used the outputs of the amp instead to prevent any clipping.

I used pin outs 3,4,9, &12 on the Amplifier Connector C1. For the remote wire I used the left side cig lighter on the dash.

Check Here <--- that will be your friend.

Someone on another forum mentioned pinout 13 (Red/Yellow) on the C2 connector was a remote wire but I cant confirm that.
Remmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 01:45 AM   #6
davidkaron

I used pins 1,2,7,8 on the Amp C1 connector. Didn't use a high low converter or a remote wire because my JL Audio amp takes high level inputs and has signal sensing for turn on. But somethings definitely worng cause the sub sounds like crap. Maybe something is out of phase?
davidkaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 04:58 AM   #7
Remmy
2005 WK 

^ Try using the pins I used. The head unit might not be putting out enough power for the amp.
Remmy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.