BoraBora build thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > BoraBora build thread

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 09-26-2013, 06:20 AM   #46
BoraBora
2006 WK 

Ordered a new set of 285 Duratracs. Also went ahead and reinstalled my lights behind the grill, and my Firestik. Still looking for a good CB radio.

Still have quite alot of clearance over these 285's. Even though my driveway is slightly up hill, it sits perfect.

Here's the clearance of my pinchwelds. Decided not to patch the plastic since it was rubbing against it. Can't even see if unless you look. Absolutely no rubbing, even though as you can see I couldn't get them as flat as some of the members on here.

2006 Black WK, Modified OME HD ~3.5'', Bilstein 5100's, 1.5" Wheel Spacers, Black JK Moabs, 285/70/R17 Duratracs, 7W Reverse LED's, tow hooks, 2 Hella 500ff's behind grill, Expanded sheet metal grill, ORT badge, Tail light guards, Firestik 3', Aux. input, Black housing headlights, Stingray roof basket, 2 Hella 500ffs on roof rack, 18% tint.
BoraBora is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:26 AM   #47
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoraBora View Post
Still looking for a good CB radio.
So you have an antenna but no cb?

Kinda got the cart before the horse there, huh?

WK looks good. The plastidipped wheels with contrasting lugs and center caps are really starting to grow on me. I was just telling Jvrenick that recently. You say you ordered a new set of Duratracs - the meats you have now look good to go tread wise.

BTW - I run a Cobra 19DX IV. Fits in the cubby to the left of steering wheel, works great (I tuned it tits on), ~ $45 on Amazon.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #48
BoraBora
2006 WK 

Hahaha yeah I actually used your thread as a guide as to where to run the wire through. I looked at that Cb, but it had mixed reviews. If you say it's great then I'll probably go ahead and order it.

2 of the Duratracs I have on right now are cupped, I bought them used for really cheap. Ordered new ones because the vibration and noise, on top of the TPMS light are really annoying.
2006 Black WK, Modified OME HD ~3.5'', Bilstein 5100's, 1.5" Wheel Spacers, Black JK Moabs, 285/70/R17 Duratracs, 7W Reverse LED's, tow hooks, 2 Hella 500ff's behind grill, Expanded sheet metal grill, ORT badge, Tail light guards, Firestik 3', Aux. input, Black housing headlights, Stingray roof basket, 2 Hella 500ffs on roof rack, 18% tint.
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #49
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

I have always heard Uniden is a good brand of CB's. I dont personally own one but the reviews have always seemed good. I do plan to get one though after my new lift is here and installed! Still wish they made Duratrac's in a 35"
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:48 AM   #50
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post
I have always heard Uniden is a good brand of CB's. I dont personally own one but the reviews have always seemed good. I do plan to get one though after my new lift is here and installed! Still wish they made Duratrac's in a 35"
Another make, which is local to me, is Midland. They put together quality stuff.

Honestly, Cobra, Uniden, Midland, any of them are gonna be more than adequate. Just make sure you don't get a handheld, get quality components for the set-up, and tune it properly.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:55 AM   #51
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
Another make, which is local to me, is Midland. They put together quality stuff.

Honestly, Cobra, Uniden, Midland, any of them are gonna be more than adequate. Just make sure you don't get a handheld, get quality components for the set-up, and tune it properly.
That is true. I have heard good about all 3 of those brands!
Unread 09-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #52
BoraBora
2006 WK 

Cobra 19DX IV it is then! I'm having one of my friends with a cb on his truck help me with the tuning.
Unread 09-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #53
ajxj9197
2009 WK 

Jeep looks good. What are your plans from here?
ajxj9197 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #54
BoraBora
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajxj9197 View Post
Jeep looks good. What are your plans from here?
Thanks man. I currently have a 2007 radio with the aux. input on the way to me. Also ordered a cb radio today.

Further down the road I'm looking into:

-Old Man Emu front struts
-Wire brushing and respraying my rear sliders/axle black since they're rusted
-Flowmaster 50 muffler
-Air ram power wire
-front windows tinted to 35%
-Weathertech floor mats
-Black housing headlights
-possibly a rola rack
-Re-bedlining my rear step pad
Unread 09-26-2013, 05:01 PM   #55
ajxj9197
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoraBora
Thanks man. I currently have a 2007 radio with the aux. input on the way to me. Also ordered a cb radio today. Further down the road I'm looking into: -Old Man Emu front struts -Wire brushing and respraying my rear sliders/axle black since they're rusted -Flowmaster 50 muffler -Air ram power wire -front windows tinted to 35% -Weathertech floor mats -Black housing headlights -possibly a rola rack -Re-bedlining my rear step pad
I think a Rola rack would add a nice look to your jeep. Practicality over looks though.
ajxj9197 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #56
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Man this is one clean wk. really like what you have done so far!! Can't wait to see more!
2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Jvenrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2013, 07:57 PM   #57
BoraBora
2006 WK 

Thank you!
Unread 09-30-2013, 07:26 PM   #58
BoraBora
2006 WK 

New Duratracs arrived. Getting them mounted Wednesday, as well as getting my post lift re-torque done. Still need some input about if I should put in my Flowmaster or just all together dump the idea of a loud exhaust on a 3.7?
Unread 10-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #59
DarthJeep
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoraBora View Post
New Duratracs arrived. Getting them mounted Wednesday, as well as getting my post lift re-torque done. Still need some input about if I should put in my Flowmaster or just all together dump the idea of a loud exhaust on a 3.7?
I like the sound of the 40, not too loud but noticible. But I have the 4.7.
Unread 10-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #60
BoraBora
2006 WK 

Already wanna go bigger 6'' with 35's? ugh...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.