BoraBora build thread - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > BoraBora build thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 04-01-2014, 08:49 PM   #241
BoraBora

2006 WK 

Yeah. Squeaking is gone as well as the clunk over speed bumps and pot holes. It feels WAY better and sturdy.

Build Thread
BoraBora is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #242
BoraBora

2006 WK 

So I have a popping noise coming from the rear and I believe it's the Rusty's track bar. When I smack the track bar it makes a popping noise. The nut is turnable by hand. I don't know if it's supposed to be that loose or not. Can anyone else with the Rusty's track bar please provide some input? I want the popping sound gone.

Build Thread
Unread 04-14-2014, 04:08 PM   #243
jjt250
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoraBora View Post
So I have a popping noise coming from the rear and I believe it's the Rusty's track bar. When I smack the track bar it makes a popping noise. The nut is turnable by hand. I don't know if it's supposed to be that loose or not. Can anyone else with the Rusty's track bar please provide some input? I want the popping sound gone.
I think JeepN4KC had the same problem...I would try talking to him. Check his build thread too, pretty sure he included some details.
Unread 04-14-2014, 04:11 PM   #244
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
So I have a popping noise coming from the rear and I believe it's the Rusty's trac bar. When I smack the trac bar it makes a popping noise. The nut is turnable by hand. I don't know if it's supposed to be that loose or not. Can anyone else with the Rusty's trac bar please provide some input? I want the popping sound gone.
I've posted about this in my build somewhat recently - having the exact same issue.

Narrowed it down, with certainty, to the adjustable end of the trackbar. When the jamnut loosens the threaded rod moves and "pops" where it interfaces with the reemed end of the rod. Called Rusty's and asked if this is something they've had customers bring to them and/or is it common. Turns out it is common and was told to back the jamnut out a ways and use some red locktite on the threads, then torque the jamnut back down.

I had pulled the passenger side of the trackbar a couple weeks ago and cranked the jamnut down which resolved the pop for about a week - but it came back. This is when I called Rusty's. My plan is to fully pull the trackbar in order to locktite it and crank it down best. I don't recall reading anywhere to locktite it on initial install and have been running it for around a year with a couple good hard wheeling trips and a fair amount of heavy towing. Just became an issue this winter (brutally cold this year) and I had chalked it up to the cold. Rusty's told me it is not uncommon to have this happen because the lateral loads the Jeep puts on it are constantly trying to loosen the jamnut.

Hopefully within the week I'll pull it, locktite it, and see if it returns.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2014, 04:24 PM   #245
BoraBora

2006 WK 

Thanks a lot for the help. I just cranked it down, and will locktite it this weekend if I find the time. I really appreciate the fast responses.

Build Thread
Unread 04-14-2014, 04:54 PM   #246
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the help. I just cranked it down, and will locktite it this weekend if I find the time. I really appreciate the fast responses.
You bet...........btw before you put any red locktite to it I'd be sure your rear axle is centered where you want it. 'Cause once the red is on you'll likely have to hit it with a torch to loosen it.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2014, 05:38 PM   #247
BoraBora

2006 WK 

So I fixed the popping noise from the track bar...and today my friend rear ended me, but the damage is right around where a hitch would be, so I'm going to cut out my bumper and install a hitch instead of fixing the bumper.

Pretty good day offroading and shooting guns (spring break at my high school).

Build Thread
Unread 04-19-2014, 12:50 PM   #248
naidib04
2006 WK 

If you decided to sell, we should swap headlight assemblies. I want the black housings but don't feel like taking them apart in the oven.

Blue WK Club Member #35
naidib04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 12:57 PM   #249
ChiliPepperXJ
2006 WK 

I've heard some people having issues with the RRO UCA's. Have you noticed any of that?

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo
ChiliPepperXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 01:25 PM   #250
BoraBora

2006 WK 

I'm currently on the hunt for a nice 2 door manual trans TJ or JK either bone stock or built up. If I find one I want, and list the WK...the headlights are all yours.

So far the RRO UCA's are great. I can't complain. I think they're better now after RRO made the adjustments. The KJ bushings really aren't nearly as big of a deal as people make them out to be.

Build Thread
Unread 04-21-2014, 08:53 AM   #251
BoraBora

2006 WK 

Officially for sale. What should I be asking for it?

Build Thread
Unread 04-21-2014, 10:22 AM   #252
Jaashua
2005 WK 

You're gay.
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2014, 11:37 AM   #253
Jtav2012
2005 WK 

Quote:
$600 I can be in McLean in 2 hours with cash.
Jtav2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2014, 11:57 AM   #254
0321Nick
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoraBora
What doors it have? Stock wise? What is the mileage, any body damage?
KHAKI CLUB #65
2006 WK 4.7L V8 - Modified OME HD with Bilstein 5125s (28" length); JBA UCA; JKS Rear Discos; K&N CAI; PowerStop Discs; HyperTech; TOYO Open Country AT IIs 285/70/17; + some other goodies
0321Nick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2014, 01:34 PM   #255
paroxysym
2007 WK 

tail light guards for sale? lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.