BoraBora build thread - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > BoraBora build thread

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-06-2014, 09:07 AM   #151
BoraBora

2006 WK 

Yikes...yeah I've passed a few cops since I go the tint put on and so far no pullovers. Hell, I even had my Hellas turned on and they still didn't pull me over. Hopefully I don't jinx that, I am making a trip down to Charlottesville today.

Unread 02-06-2014, 09:13 AM   #152
blackitout
2005 WK 

Some weekend when you're free let's go to Shoe Creek
blackitout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2014, 10:26 AM   #153
BoraBora

2006 WK 

Oh for sure. Let's get a local group together and make the trip. Another nice place to go would be George Washington National Park.
Unread 02-06-2014, 11:10 AM   #154
0321Nick
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoraBora
Oh for sure. Let's get a local group together and make the trip. Another nice place to go would be George Washington National Park.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackitout
Some weekend when you're free let's go to Shoe Creek
I'm doing a weekend 4x4 camping trip around the first weekend of June. Plan is to camp at flagpole knob, wheel around, go tubing or kayaking at Massanutten, then wheel Shoecreek, and hit up a brewery in Nelson county as we leave Shoecreek. Y'all are more than welcome.
KHAKI CLUB #65
2006 WK 4.7L V8 - Modified OME HD with Bilstein 5125s (28" length); JBA UCA; JKS Rear Discos; K&N CAI; PowerStop Discs; HyperTech; TOYO Open Country AT IIs 285/70/17; + some other goodies
0321Nick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2014, 12:35 PM   #155
blackitout
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0321Nick View Post

I'm doing a weekend 4x4 camping trip around the first weekend of June. Plan is to camp at flagpole knob, wheel around, go tubing or kayaking at Massanutten, then wheel Shoecreek, and hit up a brewery in Nelson county as we leave Shoecreek. Y'all are more than welcome.
That sounds like a lot of fun. I'd love to go. You'll have to remind me closer to it. I have a bad memory Haha.
Unread 02-06-2014, 03:20 PM   #156
BoraBora

2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackitout View Post
That sounds like a lot of fun. I'd love to go. You'll have to remind me closer to it. I have a bad memory Haha.
^X2! It'd be great to have other WK's to wheel with.
Unread 02-06-2014, 03:32 PM   #157
blackitout
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoraBora View Post

^X2! It'd be great to have other WK's to wheel with.
Definitely. I'm painting the moabs as we speak and the roof rack comes tomorrow.

Unread 02-06-2014, 07:09 PM   #158
BoraBora

2006 WK 

Nice! What're you using for paint? Bedliner I'm guessing?
Unread 02-06-2014, 07:19 PM   #159
blackitout
2005 WK 

Quote:
Nice! What're you using for paint? Bedliner I'm guessing?
No I tried plastidip and I didn't like how it sprayed and how much you had to spray to get it to cover. So I switched to rustoleum flat black enamel. I sanded them first and threw on a primer. My father in law informed me after that Duracoat makes a spray paint. Never knew that.
Unread 02-06-2014, 09:01 PM   #160
BoraBora

2006 WK 

Looks good! Are you going to keep them matte or add some clear coat to it? Post some pics of your WK when you get them on!
Unread 02-06-2014, 09:40 PM   #161
0321Nick
2006 WK 

I'll keep y'all in the loop. It'll be me (WK), and possibly 4 of my buddies (XK, 2 JKs, 1 TJ)

Just yo warn you, 4 of us are Marine combat vets. So out in the woods, we can be a little crude and frank in our conversations amongst each other, not guests.

Also, dates, GFs, wives all welcome.
KHAKI CLUB #65
2006 WK 4.7L V8 - Modified OME HD with Bilstein 5125s (28" length); JBA UCA; JKS Rear Discos; K&N CAI; PowerStop Discs; HyperTech; TOYO Open Country AT IIs 285/70/17; + some other goodies
0321Nick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2014, 10:02 PM   #162
blackitout
2005 WK 

Quote:
Looks good! Are you going to keep them matte or add some clear coat to it? Post some pics of your WK when you get them on!
No I'm keeping them flat black to match the tires. They have a bit of a satin shine when dried.

Oh don't worry about being crude. We've got that covered too.
Unread 02-21-2014, 12:20 PM   #163
08GC21
2008 WK 

Do you have any pictures of how you mounted the lights behind the grill? I'm interested in doing something similar but am unsure how to mount them. Thanks!
08GC21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2014, 05:36 PM   #164
BoraBora

2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08GC21 View Post
Do you have any pictures of how you mounted the lights behind the grill? I'm interested in doing something similar but am unsure how to mount them. Thanks!
I'll go out and take a picture when it's light tomorrow.

On another note, I replaced my Cobra 19 with a Uniden 505Xl and changed the coax from fire-ring to regular connectors and MAN what a difference. I got rid of the engine static, got more range, and a clearer connection. I'm going to go out and tune it with the SWR meter tomorrow.
Unread 02-23-2014, 02:27 PM   #165
Jaashua
2005 WK 

Could you link me to the 7w cree bulbs you used? There are many choices on ebay. I just want to make sure I get the right ones.
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.