Blue grease in wheel well. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Blue grease in wheel well.

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 04-08-2007, 05:19 PM   #1
myVdubHerJeep

Blue grease in wheel well.

Hi All,
I've done some searching and can't find any good info. Today I found some, well a good amount of blue grease all in the front drivers side wheel well of my wife's 2007 Grand Cherokee. Before I get paranboid and take it to the dealer I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this?

There is only 1,000 miles on it, I'm guessing my wife just ran something over, but she can't recall. Anyone else see this, before I take it to the dealer and they laugh at me?

Thanks.

myVdubHerJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2007, 06:17 PM   #2
05HemiQuadII

Only thing that I could think that might have blue grease would be a ball joint, a CV joint, or tie rod end. Crawl under and see if there is any grease seeping out anywhere.
05HemiQuadII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2007, 10:15 PM   #3
cliff

I bet she ran over something. Might have even been a jar of some of that face cream that makes our wife's face look like a ghost.
cliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2007, 11:43 AM   #4
myVdubHerJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff
I bet she ran over something. Might have even been a jar of some of that face cream that makes our wife's face look like a ghost.
well I stuck my head in there...and didn't see anything. I will mention it to the dealer at the first service. Kinda nice having a vehicle up high, I can look under with no jack. Since i'm a picture whore here are my first posted to this forum...

Jetta = Low:

Grand Cherokee = Not Low:
Unread 04-11-2007, 11:57 AM   #5
KingPrat
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by myVdubHerJeep
well I stuck my head in there...and didn't see anything. I will mention it to the dealer at the first service. Kinda nice having a vehicle up high, I can look under with no jack. Since i'm a picture whore here are my first posted to this forum...

Jetta = Low:

Grand Cherokee = Not Low:
Clicking makes you blind

Nokian Vatiiva tires: 235/65-17

Previous:1997 ZJ TSi 4.0. Some stuff added

Western New England College '08
Golden Bear Lacrosse #13
Week 11 USILA Rank: #15
2008: 16-5
NCAA Elite 8
TCCC Champions

Please read and share!!
KingPrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2007, 12:57 PM   #6
T-Rated

No, KP, it's that *other* thing that makes you blind. Coincidence does not necessarily mean causation.

As for the blue grease, speaking of coincidence, I got my WK's jack out today and noticed that it has blue grease on the threads.

Jeep: 2006 Midnight Blue Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Bells Whistles
Mods: Tow Hooks Mopar & 4xGuard Skid Plates & Rock Rails Flowmaster 70 255/65R17 REVO's
T-Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2007, 06:26 PM   #7
gornoman
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rated
No, KP, it's that *other* thing that makes you blind. Coincidence does not necessarily mean causation.

As for the blue grease, speaking of coincidence, I got my WK's jack out today and noticed that it has blue grease on the threads.
Are you suggesting that myVdubHerJeep's wife's GC ran over your jack???

Or is that just a coincidence?
Blue WK Club Member #15
My other passion - WWW.buggiesgonewild.com
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2007, 06:35 PM   #8
myVdubHerJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman
Are you suggesting that myVdubHerJeep's wife's GC ran over your jack???
That would be a hell of a road trip...NH to SoCal to run over a jack

Although, that was a pretty funny comment
Unread 05-05-2007, 10:11 PM   #9
jcoxhome

When is your first service scheduled? If it's not in the near distant future you may want to have it checked out, the sooner the better. I had a very similar issue with my 97 GC about 1 mth after I bought it new back in 97. I took it in to have it checked and found out that the wheel bearing housing was cracked and was letting the packed grease fly out all over the place. Just a heads-up.
jcoxhome is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.