BlackedOutWK Build Thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > BlackedOutWK Build Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-21-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
BlackedOutWK
2007 WK 

BlackedOutWK Build Thread

I was bored so I decided to copy my build thread over from jeep garage...

I finally decided to take some time and put together a build thread for my jeep, so here it's goes...

A lot of the early mods that I did, I can't remember the exact order, and some things I don't have pics of, or the pics I do have are newer so I may use those so if you see any pics that look out of place, that would be why!

I bought my Jeep on April 25, 2009. It's a 2007 Laredo 3.7L, and had 24,047 miles on it. I paid around $17k for it.

First thing I did was get the front windows tinted, and ordered a short antenna.

Window Tint

Shorty

Then I debadged the rear hatch (Decided to keep Jeep on the front and rear)

Now it was time for a lift.

Decided to go with the Daystar 2" Spacer Lift

Then shortly after I installed fog lights and front recovery hooks (no pictures of the hooks but I think everyone knows what they look like lol)

Then I also installed a factory 2" hitch, but unfortunately didn't take any pics of that either. Again, we all know what that looks like)

Moving forward...

My girlfriend at the time (now my wife) got me 4 moab rims for my birthday. So I ordered .25" spacers found 4 brand new BFG MT km1's on ebay for $500 shipped to my door. While waiting for them to arrive I search all over the internet for a good deal on TPMS sensors and luckily came across a local guy on craigslist selling 5 steel wheels off of a new JK with sensors for $60 total! Picked them up took the senors out and listed the wheels back on craigslist for $100 and sold them a few days later...that's right, I got 5 tpms sensors (pretty much brand new) AND made myself $40 lol!!! So anyways, I had a friend of mine mount and balance them for free and on they went!

Then I went out and tested the flex

Also checked "the bolt"

Next up it was time to powder coat my wheels. Went to pick them up and realized I forgot to bring my new black lug nuts with me, but here are some pics from the day I got them on.

After that I put my black lugs on and ordered some 6k HID low's and fog's. Gave it a good bath and went and took some pics.

Unread 01-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
BlackedOutWK
2007 WK 

It was time to focus on getting a little more power out of it so I ordered a Powerwire, and a Fastman TB and also got a killer deal on a K&N CAI. Unfortunately I didn't take any pics.

Didn't like the .25" spacers and found a good deal on 1.25" spacers so I go those and swapped them, which left me having to do the "pinch weld mod", again no pics haha. I also ordered a new shorty and door locks from JR. My old shorty rusted itself in and snapped when I tried romving it so I had to order an entire new antenna setup (was fairly cheap and easy to replace.

Also took some pics in it's current state while I was out hunting one day

Somewhere in all of this I added Mopar slush mats that I got a really good deal on and odered some SRT pedal covers also. No pics.

Got a Thule Snowcat snowboard rack for Christmas.

I swapped LED's in for all of my interior lights and license plate lights but naturally didn't take any pics.

And that's pretty much how it looked for a while. Then I got the bug again. And decided to finally paint my headlights since it was something I wanted to do since the day I bought my jeep.

Turned 50k Miles!

Then plasti-dipped my Jeep badges

...and added a dry charger.

Had some issues with my HID fogs so I ordered a new 3k HID kit.

Came across some tinted tails so I put those in and painted my rear step pad with bed liner.

I also got a SOLID diff cover while they were on sale for 1/2 off. And ordered a Lube Locker to go with it.

And that's how she sits for the time being. I am sure I forgot some stuff, but it's a good start. I picked up a double din bezel a while back because it was dirt cheap so eventually I plan to put a double din touch screen in. And I also bought Sean's "MrTosh" OME lift so once I recieve it, I will be upgrading to that from my Daystar lift. And I finally got a spare wheel/tire, so I will have to modify the hitch before I can squeeze it under there.

Once I get some money together I am going to order Jeepin' By Al UCA's to go with the lift. And after that other future mods include, more skids/offroad protection. Bigger tires when the time comes. Possibly some offroad lighting. And who knows what else! lol. I really like the Steel Armadillo rock sliders and Saguaro's hidden winch mount so we'll see.
Unread 01-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #3
BlackedOutWK
2007 WK 

came home from work one day and saw this...

and dragged all 130 lbs of it inside and ripped it open...

Unread 01-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
BlackedOutWK
2007 WK 

that's all for now. still have to install the lift and plan on getting some 285 75 17 goodyear duratrac's at some point.
Unread 01-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #5
84foxgt
2007 WK 

looks killer!
2007 v6: Rough Country kit, Aries taillight gaurds, 2457517 Wrangler Silent Armors, LED interior lights, painted oe wheels Gunmetal, Topline 1.5" wheel spacers,SOLID rear diff cover,CREE backup lights,Hypertech Programmer
84foxgt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #6
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Glad you got your thread up and running. I wanna know more about that Ported TB you have, and any tuner and other power improving options you have equipped

oh, and I added ur BT to the list.
Unread 01-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #7
BlackedOutWK
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84foxgt View Post
looks killer!
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
Glad you got your thread up and running. I wanna know more about that Ported TB you have, and any tuner and other power improving options you have equipped

oh, and I added ur BT to the list.
thank you for adding it to the list. my tb was done by fastman, he does a great job, can't remember what i paid for it but in all honesty is was the best performance mod i did, paired with a cold air intake it made a HUGE difference. there is an SCT tuner out for 3.7's that is supposed to also make a huge difference but it only works on 05-06's so i don't have one but from what i've heard it is very impressive.

i would definately suggest you go with a fastman tb and either a cold air intake or at least a high flow filter and take the air dam off the front of the stock air box (behind the grill).
Unread 01-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #8
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutWK View Post
I also ordered a new shorty and door locks from JR.
What is JR?

Also glad you started a thread! You don't want to wait too long, trust me

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2012, 10:06 PM   #9
DieselRig

Suscribing....good looking WK
DieselRig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #10
smcginnis87
4X4WK

2007 WK 

Just got to say I love it man it looks sick!
smcginnis87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #11
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutWK View Post
came home from work one day and saw this...

and dragged all 130 lbs of it inside and ripped it open...

That looks like the makings of an entirely new WK!
Your build is gonna look killer!

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #12
BlackedOutWK
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet View Post
What is JR?

Also glad you started a thread! You don't want to wait too long, trust me
JR is a vendor on jeep garage...lol I copied this build from there so I guess some things don't make as much sense on this site...my bad.

I know, I always felt like I never had enough mods to start a worth while build thread but now that I am switching lifts and stuff I figured it's a good time to get one going.
Unread 01-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #13
BlackedOutWK
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselRig View Post
Suscribing....good looking WK

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcginnis87 View Post
Just got to say I love it man it looks sick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
That looks like the makings of an entirely new WK!
Your build is gonna look killer!
thanks for the compliment's guys! I don't know that it will be and entirely new wk but it should look a lot better! lol. my stock springs, shock, struts are pretty much shot from the daystar lift so it's sitting pretty low, I'm excited to get it sitting prettier!
Unread 01-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #14
TeamMC
1996 ZJ 

How did you do your plasti-dip?

I tried it on my 96 GC but i couldnt get a clean cut between the letters and the body.

Looks sweet!
TeamMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #15
84foxgt
2007 WK 

where did you get that rear diff cover from? looks cool!
2007 v6: Rough Country kit, Aries taillight gaurds, 2457517 Wrangler Silent Armors, LED interior lights, painted oe wheels Gunmetal, Topline 1.5" wheel spacers,SOLID rear diff cover,CREE backup lights,Hypertech Programmer
84foxgt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.