Bilstein lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Bilstein lift

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 07-23-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
Huntndogs

Bilstein lift

Does anyone run these 5100 series night adjustable struts? I have them on my F 150 and love the ride. Just curious if anyone has experience with them on a WK...

http://cart.bilsteinus.com/product/24-225793/203823/4WD

Huntndogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #2
SriRamJaiRam
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntndogs View Post
Does anyone run these 5100 series night adjustable struts? I have them on my F 150 and love the ride. Just curious if anyone has experience with them on a WK...

http://cart.bilsteinus.com/product/24-225793/203823/4WD
I'm running them on my 2007 WK 2WD and like them. I got them cause I wanted to level the truck out since the back sits high stock.
SriRamJaiRam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #3
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Can these be used along with a spacer lift? I really need new struts and would love to lift the front a little more.
2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Jvenrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 11:54 PM   #4
SriRamJaiRam
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvenrick
Can these be used along with a spacer lift? I really need new struts and would love to lift the front a little more.
Not sure. I would ask member Kolak. He will know.
SriRamJaiRam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 02:46 AM   #5
Kolak
Vendor

That would depend on which spacer lift you have. If it's a strut plate style kit that would work fine. If it's a preload type kit, then it would not work fine lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvenrick View Post
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #6
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

It's the rc spacer lift. Not sure what type that is... I think it's a strut plate spacer, is that assumption correct!
2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Unread 07-25-2013, 12:34 AM   #7
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
It's the rc spacer lift. Not sure what type that is... I think it's a strut plate spacer, is that assumption correct!
Yes - Rough Country uses a spacer at the top of the strut tower to provide the lift in the front.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 02:05 AM   #8
Kolak
Vendor

As mentioned above you can use the Bilstein height adjustable shocks with the RC strut plate.

If you'd like a set of Bilsteins, send me a PM here on the forum. I have Bilstein on special right now.
Unread 07-25-2013, 11:43 PM   #9
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

That's great news. Thanks for all the info kolak. I'm getting married on Sunday so money is very tight right now. But rest assured when funds are replenished ill be hitting you up!!

Ps. I'm loving the stillen rotors!
Unread 07-26-2013, 02:07 AM   #10
Kolak
Vendor

Congratulations to you both!

Quote:
That's great news. Thanks for all the info kolak. I'm getting married on Sunday so money is very tight right now. But rest assured when funds are replenished ill be hitting you up!!

Ps. I'm loving the stillen rotors!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.