Bilstein 5100 series strut - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Bilstein 5100 series strut

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 04-30-2014, 03:23 PM   #241
ksteve
2009 WK 

New SHIP date I was just advised for my fronts is June 3rd. I went ahead and put the 5125's on the rear, but I am still looking for the struts.

ksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2014, 06:57 PM   #242
FJR06
2005 WK 

I got mine from Kolak a few months ago and am very happy. They are worth waiting for. I drove a 96 Cherokee Sport until the frame rusted through. When I bought the WK last year, I was embarrassed to drive around in it because it looked like a suburban cowboy vehicle. The way the WK tilts to the front. Might be good for gas mileage but I don't like it. I prefer a horizontal profile line. I put the 5100s on with the 2 inch setting up front, and put 2 inch Rusty's spacers on back at Kolak's suggestion. The back spacers in fact only give around 1.75 inches of lift, which helped to level the WK. I like it now, and the 5100s noticeably improved the handling.
2005 GC, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, BT Catch Can, Sonnax Transmission Line Pressure Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, NRG EPAC voltage stabilizer, Firestone Destination 255/70/17, Bilstein 5100 shocks and struts (with 2-inch lift setting), 2 inch Rusty's rear spacers, AFE Stage 2 CAI, Modern Muscle 85 mm ported throttle body, 4XGuard Front Guard.
FJR06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2014, 09:38 PM   #243
Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris5 View Post
Do you still have that number? I orders my set in December and I'm still waiting on the front struts. Needless to say I'm getting very inpatient.
Sorry so long getting back to you Chris they said they were the last pair. It seemed like I searched the whole country lol. They bare worth the wait to me anyway
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2014, 09:46 PM   #244
Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernblueWK View Post
Is everybody getting a true .75", 1.5", 2" of lift? I'm thinking about getting the 5100's and running the 1.5" with my stock length mll's.
I didn't measure beforehand, but I just went outside to measure. the front on the middle setting is 34.5 from the middle of the fender to the ground. The rear with the stock Jeep Mll's is 34.25. I tried to post a picture, but it's giving me some error message.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.