BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A pic request - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A pic request

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineVisit 1aauto.com For ShockTober Deals on Monroe shocks andAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-11-2012, 07:24 AM   #16
trax95008
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBanham
are they standard fit i.e. don't affect speedo readings etc?
In the original post, he said 245/70-17. That is NOT the stock size. So yes the speedo would be effected unless re calibrated

trax95008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 07:39 AM   #17
TimBanham
2006 WK 

Thanks

Looking at the stock tyres and these the speedo would only be out by < 1mph at 30 so wouldn't be worth doing it - good to know as want a set of BFGs on mine when I get it best tyres I ever had on my last 4x4

Black Wk Club MEMBER #146
TimBanham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #18
diesel88
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainsail
265/65-17 at stock height, however the Pintlers move the wheels outboard about an inch.
Hi I just bought a set of steel cragar soft 8s. They are 17x8 with 4 1/2 backspacing. They fit great in back but the fronts don't . The guy I bought from had them mounted on an 08 JK and I just found out the grand has beefier front calipers. I really don't want to use spacers. I'm thinking maybe trimming the brake caliper bracket or maybe a different caliper altogether. Any ideas or know of a place I could find info for my dilemma? I noticed on AZ website the JK has a single piston caliper where as my Wk has a double piston caliper. Thanks.
diesel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #19
Mainsail
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel88 View Post
Hi I just bought a set of steel cragar soft 8s. They are 17x8 with 4 1/2 backspacing. They fit great in back but the fronts don't . The guy I bought from had them mounted on an 08 JK and I just found out the grand has beefier front calipers. I really don't want to use spacers. I'm thinking maybe trimming the brake caliper bracket or maybe a different caliper altogether. Any ideas or know of a place I could find info for my dilemma? I noticed on AZ website the JK has a single piston caliper where as my Wk has a double piston caliper. Thanks.
I agonized over that decision- what fits? I emailed a guy at some custom wheel company for over a week trying to get something that would fit, but I'm no exert on offset and back spacing. In the end I went with the Pintlers because they were designed specifically for the WKs, and even though they were expen$ive, they were well worth it. That credit card bill is long forgotten but the wheels are still great.

I have heard of people shaving the calipers to make 16" wheels fit, but I don't know much about it. For me the problem (with the stockers) was the upper control arm bolt. You may run into that even if the wheel will fit over the shaved calipers.

As for the speedo, my hand is usually in the way when I'm driving and I can't see it. I use the speed read-out on the GPS since it's more accurate anyway.

When I got the M1009 it needed tires badly, and I was just about to spring for the Wrangler Authority from Wal-Mart when some BFGs came up on craigslist for less. They're not the E load range like the ones on the WK, but they're still a great and tough tire.

Unread 09-22-2012, 09:14 AM   #20
ligcmp
2005 WK 

The garage guy put 60psi with the max at 80psi anyones thoughts on what psi to run?
Black WK Club Member #23
ligcmp is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.