Best riding 2" lift for 2009? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Best riding 2" lift for 2009?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-29-2012, 12:19 AM   #16
trax95008
Web Wheeler
2006 XK Commander 

Well, I have the heaviest configuration possible. HEMI, skids, tow, 3rd row... And like I said before, the HD springs are too firm for me. I will be ordering some MD's

trax95008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 12:33 AM   #17
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawks28 View Post

Again, my lack of research before buying seems that it will bite me in the ***. Do you think the the HD coils all around will be too stiff with the 3.7L and no significant weight added? I mean, I'd love to eventually get some armor, but I just don't have the funds right now (but the OME HD lift is already ordered and 2 sets of HD coils have been received).
You will probably find that it feels like a HD 3/4 ton truck. It will be stiff, but some guys like that.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 06:53 AM   #18
diver110
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
If you are looking for a comfortable ride then definitely go with the OME! The ride quality and handling is for a lack of a better word, Perfect! If you don't plan on adding any significant weight to the Jeep the get the MD coils front and rear. If you plan on adding a front skid and some type of brush guard (like the Matrix) then I would get the HD front coils and MD rear coils. If you plan to add a heavy bumper like an ARB the do the same HD front/MD rear. If you plan to add full armor (brush guard/steel bumper, front skid, belly skid, sliders, rear skid) then get the HD coils front and rear. You can always swap coils later down the road if you want to get the MD now and then later on add a bunch of weight and want the HD coils, that's what I did
Thanks, Omelet. I am already fully armored (stock on my "trail rated" Overland). I would not have thought that would have added that much weight in the rear, but you are the expert.
Unread 12-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #19
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I am talking OEM and aftermarket armor. The OEM armor (suspension, t-case, fuel tank) doesn't way too much, but once you start bolting on aftermarket 1/4" steel plates the weight adds up fast, especially a good set of sliders (100lbs)!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #20
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

The HD coils are great, sure you might feel bumps more but the height and handling more than makes up for the slightly harsher ride.
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #21
Swarmer
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjt250 View Post
I see you have a diesel too. How much lift did you see in front over stock and do you have any skid plates? Also is the ride stiffer over stock?
Lift gives 3"
I only currently have rear diff 4Xguard,
Rides so much better than stock, firmer but without wallow & pitch. Glides over bumpy roads, jaguaresque...
Swarmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.