best location to mount in amp in a 2007 WK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > best location to mount in amp in a 2007 WK

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 09-14-2007, 01:49 PM   #1
homer420
2007 WK 

best location to mount in amp in a 2007 WK

Hello there. I'm looking into to add an amplifier to my '07 WK and am interested in suggestions on where the best mounting place would be. I saw over on wkjeeps.com that the amp that's part of the premium sound system is mounted behind the drivers-side quarter panel in the cargo area. And so I'm leaning towards this location. However I'd be very interested if anybody has any other suggestions.

I'm also curious if anybody knows what the little electronic box is under the drivers-side back seat? I wasn't able to see any sort of label on it and was just curious what would be positioned under the back seat.

Thanks in advance!

~Dave~

homer420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2007, 02:47 PM   #2
merlinTec

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer420
Hello there. I'm looking into to add an amplifier to my '07 WK and am interested in suggestions on where the best mounting place would be. I saw over on wkjeeps.com that the amp that's part of the premium sound system is mounted behind the drivers-side quarter panel in the cargo area. And so I'm leaning towards this location. However I'd be very interested if anybody has any other suggestions.

I'm also curious if anybody knows what the little electronic box is under the drivers-side back seat? I wasn't able to see any sort of label on it and was just curious what would be positioned under the back seat.

Thanks in advance!

~Dave~
Hi
That will be the park assist module and the final drive control module
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 09-14-2007, 03:13 PM   #3
homer420
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinTec
Hi
That will be the park assist module and the final drive control module
Regards,
Merlin
Thanks much for the quick response and info!
Unread 09-14-2007, 08:28 PM   #4
CEPCNC
2005 WK 

Merlin...isn't that little control module tied in with the transfer case controls...all in the same?

To: homer420

Have you thought about implementing an amp into the tray in teh cargo area under the hatch?? Fix some clear plexi on top of it to keep it from getting smooshed and you're in business. Just a suggestion/alternative.
CEPCNC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2007, 02:08 AM   #5
merlinTec

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEPCNC
Merlin...isn't that little control module tied in with the transfer case controls...all in the same?

Hi
The FDCM controls final drive, so yes axles and transfer case are controlled by this module if thatís what you are asking.
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 09-15-2007, 10:03 AM   #6
homer420
2007 WK 

Quote:
To: homer420

Have you thought about implementing an amp into the tray in teh cargo area under the hatch?? Fix some clear plexi on top of it to keep it from getting smooshed and you're in business. Just a suggestion/alternative.
Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't thought of that possibility. That would certainly be an easy mounting point, but would mean giving up a nice little storage area. Will probably keep that as a backup option in case things don't work out behind the quarter panel.

Thanks for the response!
Unread 09-15-2007, 02:50 PM   #7
CEPCNC
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer420
Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't thought of that possibility. That would certainly be an easy mounting point, but would mean giving up a nice little storage area. Will probably keep that as a backup option in case things don't work out behind the quarter panel.

Thanks for the response!
I can see your concern with the cargo area and giving up that space. Although, I'm sure it would still function as a cargo containment area even with the amp in there because it securely covered up. You could make that water tight as well I bet.
CEPCNC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2007, 06:19 PM   #8
homer420
2007 WK 

Quote:
I can see your concern with the cargo area and giving up that space. Although, I'm sure it would still function as a cargo containment area even with the amp in there because it securely covered up. You could make that water tight as well I bet.
I actually meant giving up giving up the little space in the tray area, not the entire cargo space. I'm currently storing a small tarp, bungies, 1st aid kit, etc under the tray. Wouldn't be a huge loss to give up that space, but if possible I'd love to keep it available

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.