Before and After - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Before and After

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 06-03-2009, 01:47 PM   #1
Dreezy
1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

Before and After

Before an 80lb deer:

after an 80lb deer:

I know their pretty crappy cell phone pictures, but they get the point across. Im dropping the jeep off at a body shop in an hour and a half. I post the estimate when I get it.

Dreezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2009, 01:52 PM   #2
suzieque
2008 WK 

I wonder if a brush guard would've helped. I travel down highways where deer are frequently hit, it doesn't take much to have a few thousand in damage. One issue I recall reading about brush guards is that they can affect the air bag deployment too.

reminds me I need to install my deer whistles, not sure they do anything, hopefully they don't attract deer to run out in front of me!
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #3
cadencedad
1999 TJ Wrangler 

that sux good luck
cadencedad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #4
Dreezy
1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

The air bags didnt deploy. I got down to around 40mph before I hit it. The tow truck driver said he works in a body shop, and he has seen them totaled for less... But other that plastic, some sheet metal, and a trans cooler, I didnt see anything wrong with it. The gap between the fender and passenger door look good compared to the drivers side. I might just get my jeep back.
Dreezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #5
ROMEO69
2007 XK Commander 

Is always painful to see a Jeep getting hurt.... Hope you get it back soon.
ROMEO69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2009, 03:14 PM   #6
RFisher

Your not supposed to be hunting deers with your Jeep. They got rifles and such for that... Read the manual, LOL

Seriously though, that sucks. I just had similar damage done to my 08 when I had accident with a Mercedes. Was about 3 thousand to fix it up like new again.
RFisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #7
jboling
2007 WK 

Deja Vu

Had the same experience with my '07 CRD... 1400 miles and wham... deer HITS ME in the left front fender.... Hood, fender, all of the front (no coolers thankfully) both doors on the left side etc.... 7800$ to fix ... still waiting for a inside door panel for drivers door... good luck with that under the current circumstances....air bags didn't deploy on mine either.
jboling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2009, 07:08 PM   #8
Scottina06
2006 WK 

ouch....sorry dude
Scottina06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2009, 07:30 PM   #9
no-blue-screen
2008 WK 

The important thing here is that you weren't seriously injured.....always got to think positive. It is very difficult to tell sometimes how bad something is damaged until you start tearing into it. I personally had a vehicle go from a $7,200 it can be fixed to 5 months and then ultimately a 30k total loss claim. Of course the important thing here is that it can be replaced and you are okay. Just make sure the insurance does it right and doesn't cut corner....nice ride BTW.

CRD TURBO SEAL OIL LEAK FIX
WK CRD - EGR CLEANING WRITE-UP
MY FUEL ECONOMY DATABASE
no-blue-screen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2009, 08:58 PM   #10
ItalianJeeper77
2000 WJ 

wow that is some nice damage for below 45mph!! sorry to hear, brings a tear to me eye. keep us posted on the damage report.
Unread 06-03-2009, 09:35 PM   #11
YB Normyl
2008 WK 

OH NO! That looks like about $7000 in dmg. Could be a good time to upgrade to a steel frt bumper, especially if you can put insurance money towards it. Maybe an ARB bumper?

YB Normyl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2009, 08:18 AM   #12
BlueSteelJP
2005 WK 

On memorial day I was towing my ATV back from the trail when a 4 door 2006 Pontiac Bonneville drove in front of me and I hit her in the drivers door. The estimate was $2100 for my Jeep and $5000 for her car-I won. The air bag didn't deploy in this case either so I need one fender repainted and adjusted, a new bumper and cross beam, a new headlight and a wheel alignment, the Jeep is tougher than I thought.
Blue WK Club Member #10

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 5.7 Liter Hemi no Mods So Far.
BlueSteelJP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #13
koj
2010 WK 

How is the deer?
koj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2009, 02:57 PM   #14
ROMEO69
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koj View Post
How is the deer?

It was airlifted to a Hospital in England, right now still in the ICU...
ROMEO69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2009, 11:08 PM   #15
ArchAngelixi
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koj View Post
How is the deer?
It was freakin delicious...pre-tenderized...

...should have been anyway...if I have to pay to fix something like that, the damn deer is at least gettin me some dinner...
ArchAngelixi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.