BBA Reman Turbo Actuator Rebuild - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > BBA Reman Turbo Actuator Rebuild

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-30-2013, 02:28 AM   #1
enkeivette

BBA Reman Turbo Actuator Rebuild

6NW 009 228 Electronic Turbo Actuator

A few weeks ago I posted about my turbo making too much boost, causing premature rev limiting and sometimes low boost, causing limp mode/ ETC failure, the electronic actuator was sticking open. As most of you know, Jeep and Mercedes do not sell a replacement turbo actuator.

Theres a company called BBA reman in Canada (avoid BBA reman USA, theyre idiots and cant help) and they rebuild these actuators for $250. Lifetime warranty.

So, a few weeks of downtime and $250 plus $50 shipping (both ways) later and my Jeep is whistling again like it should. Its been four days and so far so good!

It took 3 bolts and a c-clip to remove this thing, and Chrysler / Mercedes wont sell it separately. Hmm, sounds scamarific to me.

enkeivette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 03:25 AM   #2
FrenchXj
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Great!
My car is at JEEP official today, they are going to try to recalibrate my 'new' actuator...

Hope it going to work
FrenchXj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #3
enkeivette

Recalibrate how? There's no mechanical adjustment on it, and I dont see them customizing the ECU tuning. Plus there's no feedback from the actuator, it's only controlled.
Unread 05-02-2013, 01:39 AM   #4
FrenchXj
1992 XJ Cherokee 

After changing the actuator, the car is running fine but the actuator do not act at the right curve, the turbo start at 3000rpm, and that s sucks....

Went to JEEP and they said yes, we need to recalibrate the new actuator...that's because the actuator is working for more than one engine...

will see when it is done...
FrenchXj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 02:58 AM   #5
enkeivette

Hmm, bonne chance!
Unread 08-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #6
enkeivette

Actuator broke again, BBA (USA ) couldn't rebuild it. So they sent me a refund. (Although I'm still out the $50 for shipping) Maybe I should have just paid another $50 to send it to Canada again.
Unread 06-27-2014, 10:20 AM   #7
Furly

Did you end up replacing the unit? I'm in the same boat just looking at my options
Furly is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.