Battery Life - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Battery Life

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire CarrIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 08-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #16
lafacej
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVideo
I still have the original battery in my 08 CRD with 159,345 miles. I have thought about replacing it before winter. I may have it checked first but no issues so far.
Wow 160k on an 08! I thought I had a lot at 101k on my 05

lafacej is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #17
GregK340
2007 WK 

My '07 battery (original) died this past spring (6 years). Everything was fine then suddenly wouldn't start, wouldn't even turn over. Jumped it, all was good for 2 weeks, then suddenly wouldn't turn over again. Jumped it and went to sears for a new battery, no problems since.
GregK340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:23 AM   #18
Xmind
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernblueWK View Post
I volt tested mine with no load tonight. 12.65 volts. Peace of mind goes a long way with me. 6 months of below freezing temps makes me want to replace it before the snow flys.
Yeah testing with no load is not a very good indicator of your battery life. Batteries will build up a surface charge that will artificially increase the measured voltage. A better method is to turn on a high load like the high beam headlights (with the engine off) for about 30 seconds and then take a voltage reading.
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #19
modernblueWK

I will try that.
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #20
NDSU_Bison
2014 WK 

I just had to replace the OEM battery on my WK after 5 1/2 years and 128,000 miles. I noticed over the last couple of weeks that the starter motor wasn't turning as fast, especially after not being driven for a couple of days. Then one day it would hardly turn over so and the shop said the cold cranking amps were at about 1/2 what they should be.
NDSU_Bison is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.