Battery Life - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Battery Life

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #16
lafacej
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVideo
I still have the original battery in my 08 CRD with 159,345 miles. I have thought about replacing it before winter. I may have it checked first but no issues so far.
Wow 160k on an 08! I thought I had a lot at 101k on my 05

lafacej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #17
GregK340
2007 WK 

My '07 battery (original) died this past spring (6 years). Everything was fine then suddenly wouldn't start, wouldn't even turn over. Jumped it, all was good for 2 weeks, then suddenly wouldn't turn over again. Jumped it and went to sears for a new battery, no problems since.
GregK340 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:23 AM   #18
Xmind
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernblueWK View Post
I volt tested mine with no load tonight. 12.65 volts. Peace of mind goes a long way with me. 6 months of below freezing temps makes me want to replace it before the snow flys.
Yeah testing with no load is not a very good indicator of your battery life. Batteries will build up a surface charge that will artificially increase the measured voltage. A better method is to turn on a high load like the high beam headlights (with the engine off) for about 30 seconds and then take a voltage reading.
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #19
modernblueWK

I will try that.
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #20
NDSU_Bison
2014 WK 

I just had to replace the OEM battery on my WK after 5 1/2 years and 128,000 miles. I noticed over the last couple of weeks that the starter motor wasn't turning as fast, especially after not being driven for a couple of days. Then one day it would hardly turn over so and the shop said the cold cranking amps were at about 1/2 what they should be.
NDSU_Bison is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.