Basic or premium TPM on 05 WK? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Basic or premium TPM on 05 WK?

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs and

Unread 06-03-2014, 01:56 PM   #1
motorhead86

Basic or premium TPM on 05 WK?

Hey guys, have an 05 WK Limited with the 5.7. I recently purchased it. I was scrolling through the menus for the message center and I do not see any display for tire pressure monitoring ( diagram of tires with psi next to tires ).

Does this mean I have a "basic" TPM system (Just displays a low tire pressure warning light on dash or something if a low tire is present?).

Or am I missing something?.

Thanks in advance.

Unread 06-03-2014, 02:25 PM   #2
caulk04
2008 WK 

I'd say it's the basic version then...though I'm not sure of the menus on 05-07 models.
Unread 06-03-2014, 03:36 PM   #3
motorhead86

Thats what I was leaning towards also. But being new to the WK Jeeps I am not sure if I am just missing something and there is additional menus that can be accessed or something.

A buddy of mine has an 05 chrysler 300c and he was showing me a trick he could do by pressing certain buttons in sequence to gain access to a hidden diagnostic menu that showed you everything you could possibly want to know (firmware versions,tire pressures,oil pressure,trans temp,engine temp,air/fuel ratios and all sorts of other data thats not displayed in the typical menu).

thanks in advance anyone that has info about this.
Unread 06-03-2014, 03:56 PM   #4
Mitkch
2007 WK 

Not meaning to insult your intelligence just trying to clarify; did you press menu and then the step button looking for it? If so, that's the incorrect way to find it. You need to start on the temperature screen and then press the step button multiple times. I have an 07 limited 4.7 and that's how I get to my individual tire pressure screen along with my MPGs and odometer.
Black WK Club #138
Mitkch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2014, 05:07 PM   #5
motorhead86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitkch View Post
Not meaning to insult your intelligence just trying to clarify; did you press menu and then the step button looking for it? If so, that's the incorrect way to find it. You need to start on the temperature screen and then press the step button multiple times. I have an 07 limited 4.7 and that's how I get to my individual tire pressure screen along with my MPGs and odometer.
No offense taken, I have had a few "brain fart" moments over the years. But yes, I have tried just the "step" button from the compass/temp screen and no luck. I can see trip a/b,average MPG's...etc...etc.. I can go through the menu and find all the settings for handlamps,wipers,easy entry seats...etc...etc.... I am just not seeing anything relating to tire pressure (which I though was strange being that my limited is pretty well loaded with every option minus rear dvd).

I also noticed that while there is a option to see "average MPG" there was no option to see "instant MPG" ( my old 2000 grand cherokee limited had the option to view instant fuel economy ). I wasn't sure if this is a feature not available on this Jeep....or if it also is something I am just not finding for whatever reason lol.

Thanks for the help
Unread 06-03-2014, 09:34 PM   #6
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

With the Premium TPMS system you'll be able to see the individual pressures for each tire. If you can't, it is the standard (Base)system.
06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS Tuner, Cust tubular hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's.
90grandoneer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2014, 07:12 PM   #7
juanowk05
2005 WK 

Hi guys i have the same basic tpms, are there any chance to swap to the full system?, so it depends of the sensors or its about software or configuration to be changed via starscan?. Thanks
juanowk05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2014, 07:36 PM   #8
road_tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanowk05 View Post
Hi guys i have the same basic tpms, are there any chance to swap to the full system?, so it depends of the sensors or its about software or configuration to be changed via starscan?. Thanks
you need the sensor receivers at each wheel well, also you need a new SKREEM module (it goes around the ignition switch). You'd have to pay the dealer to program the SKREEM module, and then pay again to have your keys programmed to the SKREEM.

My 2005 has the basic tpms, but does have sensor receivers in the wheel wells, so I can see all 5 tire pressures with a suitably advanced code reader.

Not really worth it to me to buy the new module and the programming costs.
road_tripper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2014, 12:17 PM   #9
BlackPrintz
2005 WK 

http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_tpms.htm
Black WK #139
05 WK, 5.7 Hemi, 2" R.C. lift, 32s, K&N, MagnaFlow, 4xGuard Skids, Custom Rock Rails
BlackPrintz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2014, 01:28 PM   #10
juanowk05
2005 WK 

Thanks by the info
juanowk05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2014, 04:38 PM   #11
Jtav2012
2005 WK 

Our 2005's only have basic TPMS, and no instant MPG like the WJ's (my '99 has instant MPG)
Unread 11-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #12
airportdave
2010 WK 

This cool website archives old sales brochures for most Jeep models/years. This kind of info can usually be found in these brochures, although their WK library starts with '07...
http://www.auto-brochures.com/jeep.html
Unread 11-06-2014, 01:36 PM   #13
trax95008
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead86
Thats what I was leaning towards also. But being new to the WK Jeeps I am not sure if I am just missing something and there is additional menus that can be accessed or something. A buddy of mine has an 05 chrysler 300c and he was showing me a trick he could do by pressing certain buttons in sequence to gain access to a hidden diagnostic menu that showed you everything you could possibly want to know (firmware versions,tire pressures,oil pressure,trans temp,engine temp,air/fuel ratios and all sorts of other data thats not displayed in the typical menu). thanks in advance anyone that has info about this.
that hidden menu is only available on the LX platform. I had it on my charger. I loved it cause I could adjust brightness threshold and delay time of the auto headlights. I wish I could do that on my XK and add more delay so that the lights don't come on every time I go under an overpass. There was all kinds of info and adjustments in that hidden menu. Back on topic, it sounds like the OP has the basic TPMS system
trax95008 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
monitor , pressure , system , tire , tpms

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.