Banjo Bolt Crush Washers? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 09-21-2017, 01:38 AM Thread Starter
2007laredowk
2006 WK 

Banjo Bolt Crush Washers?

So I'm soon servicing the brakes, one of the things that will be changed are the banjo bolts and hoses and that includes replacing the crush washers. I read somewhere that it depends on the caliper material, I think, the material of which you need the washers (aluminum or copper).

Anyone know which is the right one for a 2006 WK Limited with stock brake system? What kind have you used and what kind of results did you have?

Before anyone says something about the parts I'm replacing and to check if they really need to be replaced in the first place, I already checked them and I already have the parts anyways, some of them are not exactly needing replacement but I won't take risks when it comes to brakes.

If you need more info about the parts I'm using to determine materials, just ask, I didn't put more info since I remember reading that only calipers are the parts that depend whether to use which material.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-21-2017, 08:22 AM
Pac Man

2007 WK 

They are copper but I'm not sure of the size. Also keep in mind you need to torque the banjo bolts properly. IIRC it's a low torque number. I had changed out my rubber lines to stainless braided lines a few years ago so I have done the same thing.

2007 Black Grand Cherokee
Hemi - QDII - OME - S4XC Hidden Winch Mount -Talon 9.5SR - Full Matrix - 265/70/17 Duratrac's - Pintlers- Superchips - Magnaflow - Airaid - 5000k HIDs - Lightforce HID's - 4xG Front Guard - 4XG Diff Cover
post #3 of 3 Old 09-21-2017, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
2007laredowk
2006 WK 

Copper it is, I had aluminum too just in case but I guess I'll save them for another vehicle. For the sizing they are Crown Auto and model specific so it should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac Man View Post
Also keep in mind you need to torque the banjo bolts properly. IIRC it's a low torque number. I had changed out my rubber lines to stainless braided lines a few years ago so I have done the same thing.
I have the service manual, all the torque specs are there right?

Tags
brake caliper , brake system , brakes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.