Ball joint issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Ball joint issues

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 08-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
MeanGreen1
2006 WK 

Ball joint issues

I replaced my upper and lower ball joints on my 2006 WK about 2 weeks ago. The first 1.5 weeks it was like driving her from new. A few days ago they started popping again. So I climbed beneath to find that the dust boot on the driver side lower had slipped and you could see the greased internals. I have a feeling that the ball joint is already shot. My main question/concern is: has anyone used an OEM from the dealership? I bought MasterPro (O'Reilly's) house brand and I think that this is a lesson for me that you get what you pay for. Any help would be appreciated.

MeanGreen1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Just get the MOOG "problem solver" series of ball joints and never worry about them again,of course if you actually grease them at every oil change and after every wheeling trip(if you wheel it).
Unread 08-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
trax95008
2006 XK Commander 

I replaced my ball joints with Moog. It's been about a year, and they are as good as new
trax95008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.