Bad luck or bad Commander? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Bad luck or bad Commander?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCustom Axle Work at CCOR

Unread 04-05-2007, 04:53 PM   #1
NancyN1020

Bad luck or bad Commander?

I've had my Commander for exactly 4 months now and in the span of month 3 to 4, here's what I've dealt with:

1) A blown washer fluid line for the rear washer - instead of going back, the stuff was spraying out from underneath the driver's side door.

2) An emissions leak

3) A computer malfunction that was blowing out fuses connected to the emissions whatever!

4) And now, electric problems that keep causing my radio to turn on and off by itself topped off by my key remotes not working at all (this all started after getting it back from repair # 3).

This Jeep is my office so I'm in it 8+ hours a day and it already has 11,000 miles on it - has anyone else ever had any problems like this or am I just being punished for giving up on my Liberty and turning it in for this monster?

NancyN1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2007, 05:44 PM   #2
Deputycoz

Sorry you are having such problems, I have mine since October and have had no issues. Just once it had to go back to the dealership because of a warning light, but it went off and haven't had a problem since. Seriously no problems whatsoever.

Where in Jersey did you purchase your Commander?
Deputycoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2007, 07:39 PM   #3
Crazypilotgal
2008 XK Commander 

No problems here either m

but I feel your pain! The reason I got my Commander was that my brand new Kia Sedona qualified for our state's lemon law and federal warranty act it's so messed up so we're in lawsuitville w/ them right now. Hope they can get it straightened up for you. I know what a PITB this can be!
Crazypilotgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2007, 12:14 PM   #4
NancyN1020

Got it in Morristown - my 2nd Jeep from them but my 4th vehicle overall. I'm from a Jeep family too - start with a 63 Willy's and move up in the ranks over the years. I don't think I'll ever have another kind of car but a little disappointed with the tech difficulties. Overall though, I love the room.

As for the lemon laws, hope that works out! I tried to attempt that and the dealer just kind of laughed in my face.
NancyN1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2007, 10:21 PM   #5
jeepinjim
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Lemon Law

There's a lemon law that you should read. It comes with all new vehicles.
jeepinjim is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.