Average labor cost to install lift kit? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Average labor cost to install lift kit?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 07-31-2008, 06:50 PM   #1
Rev. Al
2010 JK Wrangler 

Average labor cost to install lift kit?

What do you guys think the average labor cost should be to install the
2.25" RR lift kit?

Rev. Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2008, 06:53 PM   #2
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Depends on what the shop charges, I had zero Jeep experience when mine went on and it took 2.5 hours for the lift and new shocks. Just do it yourself.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2008, 12:45 AM   #3
Wiki-USMC

It cost me 3$ to install mine. Haha, the base auto shop charges 1$ an hour to use a flat bay and any tool you could ever need. Don't be scared, do it yourself! The RR kit comes with really good instructions and it's a relatively easy install. All you need is a jack with stands, some wrenches/sockets, and maybe a mallet or a cutting wheel depending on how things go, haha. The install has a few quirks to it that can slow you down. I would suggest having a buddy help you, preferably someone that knows their way around a garage. Also, set aside a good part of the afternoon to do it, though it should only take 2-3 hours, you may run into unforeseen delays.
Wiki-USMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2008, 09:20 AM   #4
05WKinPA
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki-USMC View Post
It cost me 3$ to install mine. Haha, the base auto shop charges 1$ an hour to use a flat bay and any tool you could ever need. Don't be scared, do it yourself! The RR kit comes with really good instructions and it's a relatively easy install. All you need is a jack with stands, some wrenches/sockets, and maybe a mallet or a cutting wheel depending on how things go, haha. The install has a few quirks to it that can slow you down. I would suggest having a buddy help you, preferably someone that knows their way around a garage. Also, set aside a good part of the afternoon to do it, though it should only take 2-3 hours, you may run into unforeseen delays.
x2. Find a friend that knows his way around a garage, and do it yourself. The back is cake, the front is a little trickier, but not bad. Or you could consider the Rock Krawler 3.5" lift. I'm not sure you'd need to even take the shock/strut tower out...just swap in the new forks.
05WKinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2008, 12:41 PM   #5
anywaytothetop
2006 WK 

Mine was just over $515 for the lift and install.
anywaytothetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #6
Morgen251
2010 JK Wrangler 

A shop will probably charge you anywhere from 2-400, depending on where you go. Some places charge more by the hour if you bring in your own parts (if you buy from them, they can mark up and make more of a profit), so ask around. The basic lift isn't that tough of a job though, just have some help, preferably someone mechanically inclined if you are not yourself.

BUILD:
Rubi Rocker Guards; 32" Mastercraft MTs; Teraflex 2.5" Coil Spring Lift; JKS Quick Discos; JKS Front & Rear Adj Trackbars; JKS Ex Rear Swaybar links; Zone Nitro Shocks; 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers; Poison Spyder Evap Skid; Cobra 75WXST; 3' Firestick quick disco; Rugged Ridge XHD Fr Bumper; Tuffy Underseat Drawer; 6" KC Long Range Hilites; Superchips Flashpaq, Crown Extended brake lines

WISH LIST: Front LCAs, Winch, 6" KC Driving Lights, Deep Cycle Battery
Morgen251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2008, 01:19 PM   #7
ryanlberg
2005 WK 

the RK kit is cake to install.
superchips
HEMI Club Member #21
ryanlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2008, 03:09 PM   #8
CEPCNC
2005 WK 

rule of thumb if you take it to a shop to install the kit...consider $150-$200 per inch of the lift kit...if you can talk them into a free alignment as well that would be a good deal.
CEPCNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2008, 04:54 PM   #9
Acidcold
2005 WK 

Buy the Rock Krawler and do it yourself, very easy to install.
Acidcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2008, 12:40 AM   #10
Wiki-USMC

^^^ Good advice, that man knows what's up with lift kits, he has installed all of them like 7 times each, haha
Unread 08-04-2008, 04:23 AM   #11
ryanlberg
2005 WK 

i have done my rk kit 6 times
superchips
HEMI Club Member #21
ryanlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2008, 12:55 PM   #12
Acidcold
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki-USMC View Post
^^^ Good advice, that man knows what's up with lift kits, he has installed all of them like 7 times each, haha
Lol funny guy!! but almost true! i have to rent that base garage!!! 1 per hr!! wow!! so that's were my tax dollars are!!
Acidcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2008, 07:08 PM   #13
Wiki-USMC

Yea, that must be were it goes because it certainly doesn't go to my paycheck. But, if you are interested, for just 17 cents a day, you can feed and cloth a starving Marine and give him a chance at life he may never have had...
Unread 08-07-2008, 12:52 PM   #14
GCooperII
2005 WK 

Shop in Fredericksburg, VA quoted me $300 just the other day. This was for install only.

Finally installed: 18" JK Gladiator Wheels/Tires, RR2.5" Lift
SOLD: 1996 Grand Cherokee Limited Kevin's 2" BB 265/70R16Geolandar AT+II
GCooperII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2008, 01:43 PM   #15
TaosBob
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Al View Post
What do you guys think the average labor cost should be to install the
2.25" RR lift kit?
My Jeep dealer charged me 4 hours labor for the installation, including an alignment.
Traded in on 2012 Hyundai Azera: 2007 Grand Cherokee Laredo, Rocky Mountain Edition, Bright Silver, 4.7L V-8, factory hitch and tow hooks, Mopar rock rails, Mopar skid plates, Rusty's 2-inch BB with shocks, cabin air filtration. Firestone Destination AT tires 255/70/R17, 4xGuard skids--front, rear, and belly, BDS rear diff guard, OME rear shocks.
TaosBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.