Aux Fog Lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Aux Fog Lights

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 12-03-2007, 09:17 PM   #1
ItalianJeeper77
2000 WJ 

Aux Fog Lights

Hey guys, ok new project and I need some input. I just moved out into the boondocks and I drive down some country roads to work every morning. I can turn on my brights but the amount of deer I have seen in the 3 days I have lived here, I wouldnt mind some additional light! so... I want to get some additional fog lights. My first thought I had was to get a brush guard (bull bar) whatever you call them. And mount them there. From what I find online, it looks like I would have to loose my towhooks, is that true? I like my chrome towhooks and would rather not loose them.

My question is, where could I mount some Aux Fogs on an 2005 GC? I like how the last body style Liberty had them mounted on the top of the bumper. I am not sure how I feel about drillin into the bumper? Are there any mounting bracket?

Any suggestions guys? Pics of what you did?

Thanks guys,

-Mike

Unread 12-03-2007, 09:34 PM   #2
mrfWKJeep
2006 WK 

I found that 4xGuard is now making a bracket that mounts to the roof rack for top mounted lights - haven't ordered yet but thinking this might be a good solution. I would run the wires down the rack and into the rear hatch

http://www.4xguard.com/Products/lighting.html
mrfWKJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2007, 08:05 AM   #3
T-Rated

Roof-mounted lights aren't street legal, but if that's not an issue, then go ahead. If you've already got the stock fog lights, then try replacing them with something brighter. If you don't have stock fog lights, rumor has it that they can be added (or go with aftermarket). The wiring is supposedly already there and needs the dealer to activate it.

Jeep: 2006 Midnight Blue Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L • Bells • Whistles
Mods: Tow Hooks • Mopar & 4xGuard Skid Plates & Rock Rails • Flowmaster 70 • 255/65R17 REVO's
T-Rated is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.