Automatic lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Automatic lights

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiFree Shipping on TIRES at KrawlOff-RoadSpartan Locker's at all time LOW exclusive from ROCKRIDGE

Unread 05-05-2008, 01:29 PM   #1
Kramer_nut
2011 WK 

Automatic lights

Anyone know if it's possible to add the automatic headlights to an 07 WK Laredo? I had an 01 WJ Limited and I really miss this feature.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Todd

Kramer_nut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2008, 05:29 PM   #2
z_gilligan
2010 JK Wrangler 

By Automatic headlights do you mean the A on the headlight switch that turns on automatically when it gets dark or you go in a parking garage or tunnel?
z_gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2008, 07:03 PM   #3
Wiki-USMC

Do the '07s not have the A on the headlight switch? My '05 certainly does...
Wiki-USMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2008, 05:46 AM   #4
Kramer_nut
2011 WK 

I haven't seen the actual switch but yes it automatically turns the lights on when it gets dark. I think it's on the Limited but I got stuck with a Laredo (Long story!!) Just trying to get back some of the amenities that I had on the 01 WJ Limited that I miss. Any help would be appreciated.

Todd
Unread 05-06-2008, 08:20 AM   #5
08WKJGC
1998 ZJ 

I added the factory fog lights to my WK and the new turn signal stalk had the automatic light function but it dosent work. You need an additional sensor or module in addition to the turn signal stalk to get them to work. When I click over to the automatic function, the lights dont work.
Unread 05-07-2008, 08:56 AM   #6
z_gilligan
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have a 06 WK and I have the automatic lights. You are probably looking at getting another turn stalk and the light sensor that goes in the middle of the front dash by the windshield.
I have no idea on the cost for that though
z_gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2008, 04:11 AM   #7
tednelson83
1993 ZJ 

i would love to add it to mine too. thats the one thing i miss about my 02 celica is the auto headlights... well that and the manual tranny, but the slap stick the WK has is the next best thing.
Liberalism stems from the notion that it's entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
tednelson83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2008, 05:57 AM   #8
Kramer_nut
2011 WK 

I've got the part numbers for both the turn signal lever and the solar sensor so I'll go to the dealer and get the prices for both and let you know.
Todd

Last edited by Kramer_nut; 05-08-2008 at 06:14 AM..
Unread 05-08-2008, 02:59 PM   #9
TJL
2007 WK 

Ok just got back from the dealer, the solar sensor is part number 56050241AB and costs $5.75, the multi function switch part number 5143313AF (Turn signal lever) is $50.45.

So the costs aren't terrible, now my question is does it need programmed in the computer or will it recognize it? Any dealer techs out there that would know. Maybe the computer has to be swapped. Let me know if anyone else knows.

Thanks,

Todd
TJL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2008, 06:08 PM   #10
merlinTec

Hi
Not done this so not sure it will work but suspect it will need programming as the switch goes to the SCM (steering control module) the FCM (front control module) control the lights and get a signal from the SCM that the switch is in A position it then get a light reading from the rain sensor behind the mirror and decides if the lights are needed.
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 05-09-2008, 12:38 AM   #11
drysuitdiver
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinTec View Post
Hi
Not done this so not sure it will work but suspect it will need programming as the switch goes to the SCM (steering control module) the FCM (front control module) control the lights and get a signal from the SCM that the switch is in A position it then get a light reading from the rain sensor behind the mirror and decides if the lights are needed.
Regards,
Merlin
hmmm I already have the rain sensor for the auto wipers , I may have to talk to my local dealer to get the auto lights switch installed
drysuitdiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2008, 11:45 AM   #12
Kramer_nut
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drysuitdiver View Post
hmmm I already have the rain sensor for the auto wipers , I may have to talk to my local dealer to get the auto lights switch installed
If you find out let me know. My parts are on order so if you find out please share.

thanks,

Todd
Unread 05-09-2008, 12:52 PM   #13
drysuitdiver
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer_nut View Post
If you find out let me know. My parts are on order so if you find out please share.

thanks,

Todd
bear in mind I am in the UK and the parts might be out of price range for a want item not a need item
drysuitdiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2008, 02:06 PM   #14
TaosBob
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drysuitdiver View Post
I may have to talk to my local dealer to get the auto lights switch installed
Diver,

Just curious. What is a local Jeep dealer in the UK? Is it only Jeep, Chrysler/Jeep, or Jeep with some other make? Can't imagine Jeep sells too many vehicles over there so I imagine they're affiliated with some other make(s). Thanks.

Bob
Traded in on 2012 Hyundai Azera: 2007 Grand Cherokee Laredo, Rocky Mountain Edition, Bright Silver, 4.7L V-8, factory hitch and tow hooks, Mopar rock rails, Mopar skid plates, Rusty's 2-inch BB with shocks, cabin air filtration. Firestone Destination AT tires 255/70/R17, 4xGuard skids--front, rear, and belly, BDS rear diff guard, OME rear shocks.
TaosBob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2008, 02:37 PM   #15
merlinTec

Hi
It’s Chrysler Jeep and Dodge but a lot do mix with other makes mostly Mercedes. Myself we share with VW (good for caliber, patriot and compass) but we could hold our own. The staff don’t mix between makes at my dealership but think others do. Most UK dealer lost money last year and some have gone, I am lucky been the top selling dealer 3 years running.
Regards,
Merlin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.