Autobox service - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Autobox service

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 09-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
Ditchd
2009 WK 

Autobox service

Just wondering if there's any part of my autobox needs servicing. I can't seem to get hold of a service schedule for my 2009 3.0crd so I'm working it out as I go.

It's done 46 000 miles. D I need to check the box oil levels? Is there any other part of it needs doing such as a filter ?

Thanks

Ditchd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #2
modernblueWK

http://www.wkjeeps.com
Blue WK club #4
2013 HEMI Durango Awd Crew. All stock
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 04:08 AM   #3
Ditchd
2009 WK 

Very general link but thanks.i had already been on there. What I'm also looking for is hints tips and nuances to watch out for.
Unread 09-17-2013, 04:33 AM   #4
Ditchd
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernblueWK View Post
Probably me being blind . I cannot , as on previous visits, locate the autobox servicing details ? Any ideas.
Unread 09-17-2013, 06:38 AM   #5
yzjwk
2005 WK 

Try "Maintenance schedules" and "TRANSMISSION" . But honestly , your not going to find much info there on the CRD jeeps , and especially not the WH CRD. Most of the service info is in your owners manual . If you don't have one , you can find one here http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_brochures.htm
00 WJ 4.0
yzjwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 06:40 AM   #6
modernblueWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchd View Post
Just wondering if there's any part of my autobox needs servicing. I can't seem to get hold of a service schedule for my 2009 3.0crd so I'm working it out as I go.

It's done 46 000 miles. D I need to check the box oil levels? Is there any other part of it needs doing such as a filter ?

Thanks
Dude, you asked for service schedules and if the filter needs done.
Blue WK club #4
Unread 09-17-2013, 06:48 AM   #7
modernblueWK

Dont crap on the help you get here at jeepforum. This is a very helpful and informative place. http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_maintenance.htm#TRANS
Blue WK club #4
Unread 09-17-2013, 07:25 AM   #8
Ditchd
2009 WK 

Quote:
Dont crap on the help you get here at jeepforum. This is a very helpful and informative place. http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_maintenance.htm#TRANS
I really do hope that accusatory and mildly threatening post isn't aimed at me? No idea what your problem is when I thanked you for the original link stating I, yes me, I was unable to find anything over multiple visits. You clearly lack in basic comprehension.

Thanks (genuinely) for the info too yzjwk, sadly i suspect you're completely correct
Unread 09-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #9
colinzj
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzjwk View Post
Try "Maintenance schedules" and "TRANSMISSION" . But honestly , your not going to find much info there on the CRD jeeps , and especially not the WH CRD.
The entire drivetrain is borrowed from the gassers. What's good for the goose is good for the other goose.

If you need information specific to the engine, no, WKJeeps doesn't have a ton, but 90% of the vehicle isn't the engine or exhaust system.
Unread 09-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #10
modernblueWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchd View Post
I really do hope that accusatory and mildly threatening post isn't aimed at me? No idea what your problem is when I thanked you for the original link stating I, yes me, I was unable to find anything over multiple visits. You clearly lack in basic comprehension.

Thanks (genuinely) for the info too yzjwk, sadly i suspect you're completely correct
I'm sorry that you do not like what I said. It only takes basic comprehension to discover what transmission you have. Also even less comprehension to READ the wk maintenance page and learn the answer to your basic question.

I could have just replied with "search" like most people on forums do. I added a link to the information you need. We can find the information for you and copy/paste it here. If that is what you need google is helpful also.
Http://www.google.com
Blue WK club #4
Unread 09-18-2013, 03:50 AM   #11
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

You two need a beer, lol. Might I suggest Stella.
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #12
Ditchd
2009 WK 

Quote:
I'm sorry that you do not like what I said. It only takes basic comprehension to discover what transmission you have. Also even less comprehension to READ the wk maintenance page and learn the answer to your basic question.

I could have just replied with "search" like most people on forums do. I added a link to the information you need. We can find the information for you and copy/paste it here. If that is what you need google is helpful also.
Http://www.google.com

Sarcasm of course being generally accepted as the lowest form of wit, you've managed to prove my initial suspicion of you , no rude words of course but definitely confirmed.

Anyone can provide a simplistic link or be basically quite inappropriately rude. Takes a better person to interpret , assist and expand a point. Isn't that what forums are about ? Lets talk about obtaining and the problems with using dipsticks on some of the gearboxes I've read about. Straight away mines sealed . No mention in the guidance about how why or what to follow up with.

Being a fully qualified mechanical engineer, whilst ill concede jet aircraft can differ , overall I find comprehension of such things pretty straightforward just sometimes need a bit of a pointer as well as assistance as detailed in my polite postings, aka others experience. If you can't supply that , butt out, others can, do , have and I appreciate it.

Oh and the reason I didn't see the listings on the index would seem to be due to formatting. My iPad struggles , my windows laptop presents them perfectly. But there again you presumed it was me who couldn't see them in front of me. Presumption being the mother of all cock ups ��

Lmao. You are inadvertently an amusing sort.
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #13
Ditchd
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
You two need a beer, lol. Might I suggest Stella.

don't need too much encouragement , work'll be finished soon
Unread 09-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #14
modernblueWK

Did you buy a dipstick for it? Thats really the only way to get it done yourself.

And by the way you started this argument with the comment about the link I provided being "general." Yes its general but all the information is there if you actually look for it. I hope you get your "autobox" serviced properly. I genuinely do. Courtesy goes a long way when asking strangers for help.
Blue WK club #4
Unread 09-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #15
Ditchd
2009 WK 

Quote:

And by the way you started this argument with the comment about the link I provided being "general." Yes its general but all the information is there if you actually look for it. I hope you get your "autobox" serviced properly. I genuinely do. Courtesy goes a long way when asking strangers for help.
Courtesy,like that word "thanks" along with a conditional description as included in my reply perhaps ? Sort of negates the very childish "you started the argument"

get a grip. You're not even reading the posts properly and becoming very boring.

Have a read regarding what I said about the formatting not allowing the index to appear on my iPad. May save you repeating yourself and your faux pas yet again.

Done here anyway, got the info I needed from someone farrrrrrrrrr more helpful

As and when I sort the job , bit busy at the moment , I will post some details for those who are interested.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.