Auto Headlights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Auto Headlights

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 02-10-2008, 12:24 PM   #1
rolls101
2008 WK 

Auto Headlights

My shop manual states the auto headlight sensor is on the dash between the two defog outlets (2005 grand cherokee limited). I see it and it does not do anything (cover it up in the daylight and the lights do not come on with the headlight selected auto). The auto rain sensor detector is found up by the rearview mirror glued to the windshield and the shop manual states that this is the only use for this sensor. I cover this auto rain sensor up in the daylight and the lights come on. Did jeep change the setup for this logic and just left the old sensor on the dash or is my jeep wiring screwed up. The dealer thought that the dash mount sensor was for the lights also.
Note : I have auto headlights and rain activiated wipers options that can turn on the lights if they run for 5 seconds if selected. The reason why I want to know is because I did have a problem with my auto headlights and I think the dealer was looking at the wrong sensor. Things are fixed now (no help from the dealer) but the original shop manual documentation is wrong. Anybody know anything about this and the reason for the discrepancies.

rolls101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2008, 01:47 PM   #2
PropDr
2006 WK 

The auto rain sensor also contains the auto dimming sensor.
06 WK 5.7, No Badges,Gibson CatBack, BWoody CAI, Eibach Springs & upper Ball Joints; F/R ADDCO Bars w/BWoody links; SRT8 Bilsteins; SRT8 Wheels w/ F: 275/50/20, R: 305/20/45 Tires; Passport SRX; 6 Bosch HID's; SRT8 Engine Covers w/ 5.7L badge: Kicker Sys.
PropDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2008, 03:24 PM   #3
cguthrie

Just identified my problem auto light/rainsense on my "new" used 2007 WK. Wrong windshield! Working with dealers to get it straightened out without losing a day of work.

Grrrr.....

CG
2007 WK Overland 20K
cguthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2008, 07:39 PM   #4
rolls101
2008 WK 

So what is the sensor between the two defog outlets on the dash for?
Unread 02-11-2008, 08:15 PM   #5
PropDr
2006 WK 

I believe you are talking about the ‘Sun Sensor’
06 WK 5.7, No Badges,Gibson CatBack, BWoody CAI, Eibach Springs & upper Ball Joints; F/R ADDCO Bars w/BWoody links; SRT8 Bilsteins; SRT8 Wheels w/ F: 275/50/20, R: 305/20/45 Tires; Passport SRX; 6 Bosch HID's; SRT8 Engine Covers w/ 5.7L badge: Kicker Sys.
PropDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2008, 06:28 AM   #6
merlinTec

Hi
this is from the manual that you dealer will have.
The automatic temperature control (ATC) heating-A/C system uses a sun sensor assembly (1) to measure sun light intensity. The sun sensor assembly incorporates two sun sensors (2) within a molded plastic case which is mounted to the instrument panel and a clear lens (3) that protrudes through the defroster grille. The wire harness receptacle (4) connects the sun sensors to the vehicle electrical system through a wire lead and connector of the instrument panel wire harness.
Unread 02-14-2008, 04:16 PM   #7
rolls101
2008 WK 

Thanks I will follow up on this with the dealer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.