Anyone seen or have the AVS projectorz headlight covers? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Anyone seen or have the AVS projectorz headlight covers?

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 11-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Anyone seen or have the AVS projectorz headlight covers?

I just seen these on carid, it says for 05-10 grand cherokee. But there are no pictures showing it actually on a grand cherokee. They look pretty good on that Ram in the pictures.

http://www.carid.com/2008-jeep-grand...rs-280286.html

So I searched for some pictures of them, and finally found some pics on the "other" forums. I don't think that I am allowed to link to those forums, so I will just link the pictures. But I can't decide if I like them or not.

(I took the images down, due to whining over bandwidth)

I really can't decide if I like them or not. They look decent I guess.

The thing that I am confused about, is it says fits 05-10. But 05-07 headlights are different then the 08-10 headlights. The straight bottom on those covers don't look like they would fit the rounded bottoms that the 08+ have.

Confused.....

08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
DRCracker
"The Grizz"

2006 WK 

This looks like a cheap alternative to ripping apart headlights and painting them.

I have been seriously considering painting headlights. I even bought a used set to paint.

This could be a cheaper alternative.

Thanks for posting these for us.

TC
Dark Khaki 2011 #9104 Wheels, Firestone Destination A/T 265/70/17's.
OME HD lift. Dark Khaki Matrix Brush Guard, Dark Khaki Painted Headlight Bezels.
Hemi Club #65 // Khaki WK Club #40
DRCracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRCracker View Post
This looks like a cheap alternative to ripping apart headlights and painting them.

I have been seriously considering painting headlights. I even bought a used set to paint.

This could be a cheaper alternative.

Thanks for posting these for us.

TC
No problem
Well, that's why I was looking at them. lol

I attempted to get my lights apart to paint them a few weeks ago. I failed. I baked them like 10 times in the oven at 220 degrees, and pried and pulled for seriously over probably three hours on just one headlight. Still couldn't get them apart. I just kept busting pieces of plastic. So I sealed it back up and put it back on my jeep. Luckily, you can't tell that I had busted pieces of the edge, because all of that gets covered up.

I think that adhesive they use is pretty much meant to be permanent. Everyone say's the aftermarket replacement lights are a lot easier to get apart.

Either way, These would be a lot cheaper than buying a new set of lights. And I don't really like any of the black aftermarket lights offered for the 2008-10 GC's.
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
Unread 11-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #4
DRCracker
"The Grizz"

2006 WK 

The link indicates they are only about $70.

The Stillen's are over $100, http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?i...partno=KA61027

I think your's look good too.

Since I already spent the $$ on used headlights, I'll try to get them apart to paint, and if it's not possible, I'll get these!

Thanks,
TC
OME HD lift. Dark Khaki Matrix Brush Guard, Dark Khaki Painted Headlight Bezels.
Unread 11-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #5
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Quote:
The link indicates they are only about $70.

The Stillen's are over $100, http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?i...partno=KA61027

I think your's look good too.

Since I already spent the $$ on used headlights, I'll try to get them apart to paint, and if it's not possible, I'll get these!

Thanks,
TC
No problem,

Well I didn't order them.
The problem with mine is, the stillen's do not fit my 2008. They only fit 05-07.
These AVS SAY that they fit 05-10. But that doesn't make sense to me, because they have a flat bottom, which would indicate that they fit 05-07 models. I don't think they will fit mine.

2005-2007 :

2008+

The covers are flat on the bottom, just like the Stillen's are, indicating that they fit the 05-07 models.

I don't know, Im confused.
Unread 11-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #6
robpp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc View Post
I just seen these on carid, it says for 05-10 grand cherokee. But there are no pictures showing it actually on a grand cherokee. They look pretty good on that Ram in the pictures.

http://www.carid.com/2008-jeep-grand...rs-280286.html

So I searched for some pictures of them, and finally found some pics on the "other" forums. I don't think that I am allowed to link to those forums, so I will just link the pictures. But I can't decide if I like them or not.

I really can't decide if I like them or not. They look decent I guess.

The thing that I am confused about, is it says fits 05-10. But 05-07 headlights are different then the 08-10 headlights. The straight bottom on those covers don't look like they would fit the rounded bottoms that the 08+ have.

Confused.....

its not NICE to link to MY pictures as you use MY BANDWIDTH.

figure out another way asshat/
Rob 007 Laredo 4.7 FFV 27X; DeBadg'd; Zaino'd; SRT8 Grill, Pedals, Strut; ClearBra; WeatherTech; LED Reverse; HIR Hi/Lo; SS Fog; Stealth Turns; 15% Tint; Stubbie; Rear Spoiler; Magnaflow; V1; 22Elite Console/Visors; Body Kit; Color Match Everything; TintedTails; K&N 63; Front Skid; QuickOilDrainValve; BatteryTender; SuperChips 91; Bilstein; Billet Window Switches; Greasable Addco Sways; RamMedic Hood; Fastman TB; BWoody Links; Kicker Upgrade w/Single Sub; AVIC F90BT Hacked; NeffyWrap ABCD; Putco LEDs; Viper 20s w/255/50; R1 Slot/Dimple w/Hawk Pro Ceramic; Whistler Mod w/FlashTech Halos
robpp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #7
06WKHEMI
2006 WK 

Wow ****** bag much
2006 Black wk overland HEMI QDII. OME HD bilstein struts with 58643 monroe load levelers RRO uca, afe cold air intake,hella 500FF behind grille, RC 1.5 wheel spacers s4xc cb antenna mount with 5ft firestik and midland 1001wx CB,265/70-17 falken rockymountain ats, pinch weld mod, door lock mod, Rola basket with 2 Hella 500 FF`s.
06WKHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #8
DRCracker
"The Grizz"

2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpp View Post

Hey, I hope I didn't do anything to hurt your computer here.

I'm a computer retard and don't understand how you were harmed,
can you explain it to us?

TC
Unread 11-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #9
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

Quote:
Hey, I hope I didn't do anything to hurt your computer here.

I'm a computer retard and don't understand how you were harmed,
can you explain it to us?

TC
User has his photos posted on Photobucket.com
The free account comes with 2gb or so of space to store images.
BUT - the free account only comes with 10MB/mo of data transfer from images posted to forums. So with his images posted in another guy's thread, his bandwidth is getting used up by other people and he'll quite likely get locked down due to exceeding data bandwidth and unable to use his account until the thread stops getting responses and views.

There's the harm.
2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch
...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings
Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.
JeepinShep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #10
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpp View Post

first off, I didn't realize that It was linked to your specific photobucket. I just right clicked and clicked "copy image url" I never even looked at where they were uploaded. So Im sorry. And a simple "can you please take them down, you are using my bandwidth" would have sufficed. Instead of that rude dbag name calling remark.

Oh whatever, cry about it. I wasn't taking credit for your damn pictures, and if your so worried about your damn bandwidth, find a better photo sharing site, or lock your photos so they can't be shared like that. That is the joy of the internet, don't post **** in public next time. You posted it on another forum, with plenty more views than this forum. And google images found them for me. Wahhhh.

I have never seen anyone be such a damn baby about bandwidth before. ugh.
Nevermind asking YOU any questions about the damn headlight cover's that you have, I probably wouldn't get a reasonable answer out of you.

EDIT:
I took your precious images off of the OP,
I also saved them, and will probably re-upload them to a website without a damn bandwidth cap, and repost them for the community, so people can know what these covers look like. Have a problem with that one?
Unread 11-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #11
DRCracker
"The Grizz"

2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinShep View Post
User has his photos posted on Photobucket.com
The free account comes with 2gb or so of space to store images.
BUT - the free account only comes with 10MB/mo of data transfer from images posted to forums. So with his images posted in another guy's thread, his bandwidth is getting used up by other people and he'll quite likely get locked down due to exceeding data bandwidth and unable to use his account until the thread stops getting responses and views.

There's the harm.
Got it, thanks for the explanation. I've been using photobucket myself for years to post photo's and didn't have any idea about data restrictions.

Guess there are not enough folks looking at the posted photo's of mine to cause me any grief. Probably a self limiting problem for the computer savvy, or at least those smart enough about it to be overly sensitive! Ha.

TC
Unread 11-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #12
Anthony92x
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc

first off, I didn't realize that It was linked to your specific photobucket. I just right clicked and clicked "copy image url" I never even looked at where they were uploaded. So Im sorry. And a simple "can you please take them down, you are using my bandwidth" would have sufficed. Instead of that rude dbag name calling remark.

Oh whatever, cry about it. I wasn't taking credit for your damn pictures, and if your so worried about your damn bandwidth, find a better photo sharing site, or lock your photos so they can't be shared like that. That is the joy of the internet, don't post **** in public next time. You posted it on another forum, with plenty more views than this forum. And google images found them for me. Wahhhh.

I have never seen anyone be such a damn baby about bandwidth before. ugh.
Nevermind asking YOU any questions about the damn headlight cover's that you have, I probably wouldn't get a reasonable answer out of you.

EDIT:
I took your precious images off of the OP,
I also saved them, and will probably re-upload them to a website without a damn bandwidth cap, and repost them for the community, so people can know what these covers look like. Have a problem with that one?
spunky.

Sent from the Death Star
Unread 11-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #13
ramthis426
2005 WK 

Don't worry about it he will be fine lol
Unread 11-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #14
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Lol I have a tenancy to go on random rants, and I wasn't having a very good day.

Regardless of any of that nonsense.... Back on subject.... Im still trying to figure out if those would in fact fit 2008+ models, like it states.
Unread 11-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #15
fingaz
2009 WK 

For $67 bucks... or $100 bucks...??? Seems VERY steep for a piece of plastic.

IMO, you can get a $5 can of spray paint, some masking tape and do the same thing yourself.

And wow... I can't believe the hostility!!!
2009 3.7L Laredo Black | Two-Toned Leather | RER Nav/DVD/BA System | Viper alarm | HID's in the lows and fogs | Westin Brush Guard | Tinted Tails | Custom Blue LED Interior/Rear Hatch Lights | Rough Country 1.5" Spacers | General Grabber 255/70r17 -- Island Beach State Park 4x4 Mobile Sportsfishing Permit In -- To Do: Install Uniden CB, Rock lights
fingaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.