Anyone hear work at a Jeep dealership near Chicago that can help me? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Anyone hear work at a Jeep dealership near Chicago that can help me?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 01-17-2007, 06:09 PM   #1
JTS97Z28

Anyone hear work at a Jeep dealership near Chicago that can help me?

I have owned my 05 limited Hemi for about two months now. I think I have been driving around in loaner cars more than the Jeep itself. I love the Jeep and dont want to get rid of it but I am to the point I need this thing fixed or its gone.
I am not going to get into details about all the issues with the Jeep and service I have had, but lets just say its been less than satisfactory.
My question is does anyone here know of anyone that runs or works at a Jeep or other DCX dealership in the Chicagoland area (preferrably in the west suburbs) that can help me out? I have several intermittent issues that all appear to be software issues however I cannot get a dealership to take care of them because they "cant duplicate the problem".
The other biggy that I cant get anyone to take care of is my front and rear differentials. I had the front and rear serviced for gear whine which the dealerships did infact find to be excessive and they said they found worn parts. The front gear whine was taken care of however now there is a vibration. The rear was serviced and I got it back with LOUDER gear whine and now there is also a hissing sound coming from back there.
I have been to a few dealerships in my area without luck as most will just say take it back to where the work was originally done.
Please let me know if someone out there can help me out as this is so frustrating and all I really want to do is enjoy my Jeep.

Thanks so much,
James
JTS90SC@Comcast.net

JTS97Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2007, 10:37 PM   #2
jeep_on

Sorry to hear about your problem James, even though you do own a WK. LOL J/K. I don't know if any dealers out there off hand. All I can say is, look in the phone book. There must be pages of DCX dealers in and ariund Chicago. If you have to drive it across the city to get the problem fixed, do it. Don't limit your self to a small area. I will take my Jeep to a dealership 150 miles away b/c their service is better than the local Jeep dealer.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.