Anyone else with the windshield washer nozzle problem? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Anyone else with the windshield washer nozzle problem?

Steinjager TJ tube doorsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!JK Rear Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 04-25-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
mitek
2008 WK 

Anyone else with the windshield washer nozzle problem?

Hi,
Anyone else has experienced the same problem? Mine has snapped for the third time now. First two times repaired under warranty and just yesterday has snapped again. What happens is that the plastic piece with the hose attached to it breaks off and then all of your windshield washer fluid just gets sprayed into the engine compartment... I don't know why it is doing it, poor design maybe? Repair is quite simple, they just replace the whole nozzle and reattach the hose, just time consuming

2008 WK 3.0 CRD, GDE HOT tune, AEM Dryflo 9" cone air filter, Turbo muffler delete, Resonator delete, DPF delete, Bilstein HD F/R, Eibach lowering springs, GC SRT8 F/R sway bars, GC SRT8 20" wheels: summer (staggered) / winter (black replicas with Blizzaks), GC SRT8 seats F/R
mitek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 07:39 PM   #2
CmmdrDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitek
Hi,
Anyone else has experienced the same problem? Mine has snapped for the third time now. First two times repaired under warranty and just yesterday has snapped again. What happens is that the plastic piece with the hose attached to it breaks off and then all of your windshield washer fluid just gets sprayed into the engine compartment... I don't know why it is doing it, poor design maybe? Repair is quite simple, they just replace the whole nozzle and reattach the hose, just time consuming
Are you in there messing with stuff. Never heard of this problem..
CmmdrDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
snow99dohc
2007 WK 

Mine both broke a week after I bought the wk.

XK/WK OWNERS GROUP #5
snow99dohc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
wookiee
Bought, not built.

2007 WK 

No problems with mine and that's after freezing up the first month that I had it. I now use -20 fluid year round. Never did like the hood mount nozzle and would like to find a wiper arm mount conversion kit.
07 Steel Blue Overland CRD QDII | Bilsteins | 4xguard Matrix | Rear SRT8 SwayBar | DashHawk w/egt | Provent | MBRP XP Exhaust | New Intake Tube & Seal + EHM | Alternator Splash Guard | Crank Sensor | GPS AL InMotion Hack | Swirl motor bypass | Fuelly.com - wookiee | Blue WK Club Member #13 | 100,000 Mile Club | Dogpiled Club | flashpaq 3872 for those no 4-low days |
wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #5
BonesWK
2006 WK 

I have a different problem with mine.
Drivers side sprayer works well, but passenger side its sprays with a little less enthusiasm. More like a dribble on to my windshield.

edit: wow those words can easily be taken out of context lol
2006 Black WK Limited 4.7 4x4 QD II -- RR 2.25" Lift - JK Moabs - 32" Wildpeaks - Rear OME Shocks - AFE Stage 2 Intake - Saguaro 4x Front Shackles - 1-1/2" Wheel Spacers - Tail Light Guards - CB - 4' Firestik - Rola Roof Rack - Exhaust
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Chive On
BonesWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 12:27 PM   #6
mitek
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmmdrDan View Post
Are you in there messing with stuff. Never heard of this problem..
That would be the last thing I wanted to mess with.. they don't sell any performance upgrades for the windshield washer nozzle.. are they?
2008 WK 3.0 CRD, GDE HOT tune, AEM Dryflo 9" cone air filter, Turbo muffler delete, Resonator delete, DPF delete, Bilstein HD F/R, Eibach lowering springs, GC SRT8 F/R sway bars, GC SRT8 20" wheels: summer (staggered) / winter (black replicas with Blizzaks), GC SRT8 seats F/R
Unread 04-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #7
BonesWK
2006 WK 

mitek, after reading your sig, i would love to see some pics of your WK.
2006 Black WK Limited 4.7 4x4 QD II -- RR 2.25" Lift - JK Moabs - 32" Wildpeaks - Rear OME Shocks - AFE Stage 2 Intake - Saguaro 4x Front Shackles - 1-1/2" Wheel Spacers - Tail Light Guards - CB - 4' Firestik - Rola Roof Rack - Exhaust
Chive On
Unread 04-26-2011, 12:37 PM   #8
WK-916

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitek View Post
That would be the last thing I wanted to mess with.. they don't sell any performance upgrades for the windshield washer nozzle.. are they?
Yeah... get the ones with the LED light on them... like the rice rockets have!

WK-916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #9
WK-916

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesWK View Post
I have a different problem with mine.
Drivers side sprayer works well, but passenger side its sprays with a little less enthusiasm. More like a dribble on to my windshield.

edit: wow those words can easily be taken out of context lol
you perv...!
WK-916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 12:53 PM   #10
mitek
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesWK View Post
mitek, after reading your sig, i would love to see some pics of your WK.
I posted some pics in this thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/2...ntake-1143133/

Nothing major, I like to keep my Jeep "clean". I've done quite a few upgrades to the suspension which made the handling a lot tighter, flat in the curves and stuff.. I am not the off-road type of a guy but my rig can still take me to my fishing spots and bike trails...
Unread 04-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #11
BonesWK
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitek View Post
I posted some pics in this thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/2...ntake-1143133/

Nothing major, I like to keep my Jeep "clean". I've done quite a few upgrades to the suspension which made the handling a lot tighter, flat in the curves and stuff.. I am not the off-road type of a guy but my rig can still take me to my fishing spots and bike trails...
looks real clean man. looks great
Chive On
Unread 04-26-2011, 05:16 PM   #12
Dr. Internet
2012 WK 

My passenger side nozzle has broken twice. Driver side is original. However, at highway speeds, it just kind of spits a little on the windshield. Have always used -20 fluid.

2012 Black Grand Cherokee Overland Summit 4x4
USN Club Hull # WK-13
TEXAS Jeep Club #29
Dr. Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #13
jeeper006
2006 WK 

my passenger side broke also, i filled the hose with silicone, now my drivers side practically shoots over my windshield, until about 2 days ago, the silicone came out, so now i basically have no washer fluid, b/c it rushes out of the passenger hose. cant seem to find replacements either. i must say, its QUITE annoying...
DRIVE: WK ( RC lift)
jeeper006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 11:23 AM   #14
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

does anyone know what the part number is?
both mine are broken lol

and in Canada they are $23 each!!! so i would much rather find them online if possible
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 11:45 AM   #15
92XJT
2012 JK Wrangler 

yep just replaced the wife's passenger side one a few months back. From what I can tell the hose appears to be too tight, and is kinda pulling on the plastic part that the hose attaches to, to the spray. And yep, they ain't cheap. I'll check my shop to see if I have the parts bag still for an ID number.
92XJT is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.