Anybody running an Aspen Creek Grill Insert? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Anybody running an Aspen Creek Grill Insert?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 06-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #1
Atrain1066
2005 WK 

Anybody running an Aspen Creek Grill Insert?

I'm looking at this grill insert - but the installation instructions seem a bit like a hack job. Has anyone installed one? I love the look of it, but the installation instructions on their website are a little unclear.

http://www.aspencreekoffroad.co/exte...ulder-pattern/

Atrain1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #2
bhawks28
2009 WK 

I think I've seen at least one guy on here that has it. I took a look at the instructions and it seems to be the same process as the popular grill mod that is done by a lot of guys here. So I think a lot of guys have done a similar process to their grills, including myself. Here's a good example of the grill mod: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/e...e-mod-1273464/

I remember it only took me a couple of hours when I did this (with some expanded sheet metal, not the aspen creek insert). You should be able to handle it!
Unread 06-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
Atrain1066
2005 WK 

I'm going to give it a go. I want to color match the entire grill assembly (including the new insert) to the body color. So I ordered some paint in a spray can. I'll post pictures in a week or so after it's all done. I'm excited about it!
Unread 06-26-2013, 02:00 AM   #4
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have one. I broke the clips that the grill stays into the jeep with so the grill is a bit loose.
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #5
Atrain1066
2005 WK 

Well I got it installed this evening. Everything went really well! Thanks for inspiring my confidence. The grill I have now was originally chrome. A few months back I sanded it down and painted it black to match my brush guard, but I wasn't really impressed with how it came out. So I ordered a new *not chrome* grill assembly to paint the Dark Khaki body color. Once that comes in I'll paint it up, reinstall my Aspen Creek insert into that one, and it'll be done for real. Oh yeah, i'm running an Aries full coverage brush guard, and the support brackets that run through the grill, fit PERFECTLY through the holes in the new insert. It's like they designed it to work together.
285/60R/18 Nitto Terra Grappler

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.