Anybody else catch this Recall? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Anybody else catch this Recall?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 06-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #31
scott02ws6
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoTango View Post
FYI .... The dealers do not have the "FIX" for it yet. I dropped by a dealer today and they are still waiting for the FIX to be made available.
Do you know if that is all dealers nationwide?

Unread 06-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #32
TangoTango
2008 WK 

Nationwide it is not available yet. (the dealers just download it when it's available).
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #33
scott02ws6
2005 WK 

Quote:
Nationwide it is not available yet. (the dealers just download it when it's available).
Thank you
Unread 06-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #34
scootter82
2009 WK 

Looks like Chrysler is trying to dispute the gov request for the recall - http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/18/auto...html?hpt=hp_t2

Edit: Maybe this is a different recall?
Unread 06-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #35
longboy
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootter82 View Post
Looks like Chrysler is trying to dispute the gov request for the recall - http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/18/auto...html?hpt=hp_t2

Edit: Maybe this is a different recall?
Yup, different recall.
Unread 06-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #36
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott02ws6 View Post
Do you know if that is all dealers nationwide?
Quote:
"The software required to provide a permanent remedy for this condition is currently not available. Chrysler is making all reasonable efforts to obtain the software as quickly as possible. Chrysler will contact you again by mail, with a follow-up recall notice, when the remedy parts are available."
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 09:55 AM   #37
gjxj

"In the meantime, you can eliminate the risk of unintended vehicle movement by apply (sic) the park brake after parking the vehicle"

They found me even though I've never had the vehicle serviced anywhere* by the way. Must be using dmv records.

*nor will i. I think i can put my foot on the brake when starting the car (duh)
gjxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #38
TangoTango
2008 WK 

That comment was a little rude there.

Not everyone puts their foot on the brake while remote starting the jeep..... yah know ;-)

Use of the parking brake is the work-a-round.
Unread 06-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #39
scott02ws6
2005 WK 

Quote:

Not everyone puts their foot on the brake while remote starting the jeep..... yah know ;-)
Exactly
Unread 06-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #40
kentman
2006 XK Commander 

How hard is it to work up a software patch? Sheesh. How do they know that software will fix it if they do not have said software? Seems like purposeful slow walking to me.

I am also waiting on the airbag one since January for the WJ, and I am getting a random airbag light every so often. I brace myself every time that it decides to pop up. Fortunately, nothing has ever deployed.

Jeep is dropping the ball on these recalls ever since Fiat took over. That is not a good look for Jeep / Fiat.

'06 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi, Quadra-Drive II, Black, 118K Miles
'02 WJ Overland, 4.7L HO, Quadra-Drive, Inferno Red, 98K Miles
kentman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #41
kentman
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Not everyone puts their foot on the brake while remote starting the jeep.....
No remote start on the '06. I want a fix and not a work around.

Unread 06-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #42
TangoTango
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentman View Post
....I am also waiting on the airbag one since January for the WJ, and I am getting a random airbag light every so often. I brace myself every time that it decides to pop up. .
LOL ... sorry but that is funny.

Those bags will really womp ya.

That light usally means failure vs about to deploy, and many times it is clock spring failer.

I do not know what the delay is on the recall, but it could be a number of reasons such as test-time or a test-failure. Last thing a company wants is to run a recall 2 times.

One thing I can say... I bet there is a higher percentage or swirl motor failures than jeeps poping out of gear! and the swirl motors run like $2500 to replace them.
Unread 06-26-2013, 02:54 AM   #43
kentman
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
That light usally means failure vs about to deploy, and many times it is clock spring failer.
If you read the recall notice from January, it states that just before the airbag deploys in vehicles with this fault, the airbag light will illuminate. Thus, if you have the issue in this recall, you can expect that the light will come on and then the bag will deploy either from the front or side, but not both at once.

I figured that I would first give the recall a shot. If that does not make the random light disappear, then I would pursue other fixes. Either way, telling me that I have a safety issue and then waiting five months with no ETA for completion is ridiculous. Why even issue the recall if they are not going to fix it in a reasonable amount of time? The airbag issue does not even have a workaround.

I am tempted to just remove the airbags and the airbag light bulb. Then, I would not have to worry about inadvertent deployment. Back in the day, there were no airbags, and people still drove. I have been driving for 27 years, and I have never needed an airbag over more than a half million miles on the road. I would rather have no bags than to have to worry about inadvertent deployment while I am trying to drive.

Unread 06-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #44
Walt
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
"The software required to provide a permanent remedy for this condition is currently not available. Chrysler is making all reasonable efforts to obtain the software as quickly as possible. Chrysler will contact you again by mail, with a follow-up recall notice, when the remedy parts are available."
Received the first advisory letter. It promises a second "bring it in" invite letter from Chrysler. I don't have the symptoms, so I'm not in a particularly big hurry to get the reflash performed. I'd rather have the software checked and re-checked before field deployment....not interested in being "on-time" as a beta tester for MOPAR.

My Federal Gov't. at work: Went to the NTSB recall site today. Says there is no open recall on my '08 WK!! Even tried typing in the recall numbers, but no joy..... I can't afford all of the government we have, but I'm even happier that I do not get all of the government I pay for...

"This and other breaking stories with film at eleven."
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #45; SILVER WK CLUB MEMBER #13
'08 WK GC Limited. 5.7L HEMI. Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic. Class IV hitch.
Michelin LTX M/S tires. Fumoto oil drain valve. Billet Technology oil catch can.
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #45
TangoTango
2008 WK 

Wow... You really don't want to get hit in the face with one of those bags.. they will really thump you ;-)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.