any info on poly lift kits? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 17 Old 12-17-2011, 12:54 PM
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07wkman View Post
ok thanks. this is probably another dumb ? but with the lift and bigger tires do you have to do any electronic re- calibration for any sensors or anything.
My research could be wrong or incomplete, if so can someone chime in. I found in order to recalibrate my speedo and the like after going from 245 stock tires to 265's my options are taking it to the dealer or buying a programmer. I have wanted (and have ordered a Christmas gift to myself) a Superchips Flashpaq 3875. Hopefully, I'll soon be able to resolve the speedo and whatnot issue with it. I have been on tire calculator sites like Mattydipps mentioned and found that I am actually running about 6.5-7% faster than speedo reflects.
Click here for quick claculator:
www.tiresizecalculator.info

~Mike~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
WK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
XJ
Sept '13/Jan '15/Jun '16 COTM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 Old 12-17-2011, 02:28 PM
t3kmitch
2005 WK 

It means if you drive for one hour 66 miles, the odometer will only read 60. The average driver puts on between 12-15k a year, so each year you drive your truck actually has 1200-1500 more miles on it than it says. Sounds like a lot, but in the long run is that 6k miles difference in 4 years of driving going to matter that much in resale and/or maintenance costs? Not really..

Also my 10% is using a GPS to compare true speed to the speedometer, the tire calculators are theoretical as every tire varies by make and model.

To the OP, with the 3.7L you can't buy the same tuners that a lot of people around here use. Hypertech makes a tuner for 06 or 07+ 3.7L's but I don't think it calibrates for tire size, they have a separate calibrator for that (around $160-200). I've heard dealers can't adjust for tire sizes that aren't factory offered, but not sure if it's true everywhere.

http://hypertech.com/products-speedo...alibrator.aspx

-Sold 3/13. Replaced by 2010 VW Jetta 2.5-
2005 WK 3.7L Laredo. RC 2", 265 70 17 Bridgestone Dueler Revo 2's. Class III OEM hitch added. Bilstein Struts. Monroe Load Levelers (58643).
Blue WK Club Member #32

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.