Another WK newb, with a minor bug, and some ?'s - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Another WK newb, with a minor bug, and some ?'s

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 11-08-2006, 07:07 PM   #1
Jeepconvert

Another WK newb, with a minor bug, and some ?'s

Hi guys I'm new to the board.

I got a 06 4.7L Limited GC for my daily driver. There weren't any 06 5.7's left, so there wasn't much of a decision needed. Though I was temepted to get a Trailblazer SS instead (I didn't like the traction control system).

The problem I'm having right now is with the easy exit seat option.

On the menu, it says Y, but it won't activate. It was working fine a few days ago. But since I've reset my seat position, and to have it work with the remote, it doesn't move the seat back after being shut off. I've tried resetting it, but nothing happens.

Questions.

I just finished my 2nd tank. I'm up to just under 14mpg (mostly city), about how long does it normally take for the mileage to be steady?

Has anybody tried any chips on these? I wouldn't mind getting another 20-30 hp, and having quicker shifts from the transmission. I'm curious if the chips really help with this. If not chips, has anybody tried any piggyback fuel controllers? Does the ecu relearn around these, or do they actually work with the ecu?

I'm pretty happy with it so far. The stereo sounds pretty good. The ride and handling is nice too.

Jeepconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2006, 07:28 PM   #2
packrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepconvert

On the menu, it says Y, but it won't activate. It was working fine a few days ago. But since I've reset my seat position, and to have it work with the remote, it doesn't move the seat back after being shut off. I've tried resetting it, but nothing happens.

It doesn't work in all positions. Move the seat up a little or back some and it should work
packrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2006, 09:22 PM   #3
KingPrat
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepconvert

Questions.

I just finished my 2nd tank. I'm up to just under 14mpg (mostly city), about how long does it normally take for the mileage to be steady?

Has anybody tried any chips on these? I wouldn't mind getting another 20-30 hp, and having quicker shifts from the transmission. I'm curious if the chips really help with this. If not chips, has anybody tried any piggyback fuel controllers? Does the ecu relearn around these, or do they actually work with the ecu?

I'm pretty happy with it so far. The stereo sounds pretty good. The ride and handling is nice too.
My father has a 4.7 Laredo and averages about 16mpg per tank. He'll get around 20 on the highway, but he does mostly country driving, so it's not as extreme as city. It's a 5000 pound Jeep with a V8 and the aerodynamic characteristics of a brick. It's to be expected He has about 3500 miles on it now, and its starting to become more consistant. It'll get there.

Haven't heard of anyone doing a chip yet. There's a speedfreaks section on Jeeps Unlimited, you can check out over there. You may be able to drop an HO cam into it from an '04 WJ. It may work the same. Id head on over to speedfreaks and get the info.

Welcome to the forum

Nokian Vatiiva tires: 235/65-17

Previous:1997 ZJ TSi 4.0. Some stuff added

Western New England College '08
Golden Bear Lacrosse #13
Week 11 USILA Rank: #15
2008: 16-5
NCAA Elite 8
TCCC Champions

Please read and share!!
KingPrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2006, 03:35 PM   #4
Intrepidjeep

City mileages vary but 14mpg is probably normal for your driving. A lot of stop and go and idling will bring it down into the 13's and even a bit lower!

As you get several thousand miles on the Jeep the fuel efficiency (and power) will likely improve a bit.
2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7L
Intrepidjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.