How can you tell if your windshield is leaking?
I will hop into my jeep to find small streaks down the inside of my windshield that seems almost sticky. Its really weird.... though I also have a sunroof issue as well I think.
The way we tested mine for leaks was to take the a-pillar plastics off on the inside and have someone poor cups of colored water (we used red food dye) slowly down the sunroof drains and around the top and sides of the windshield. It takes some patience, but water will always find the easiest route to go through. In no time we could see trails of colored water and where it was coming from.
This may be off in left field, but I actually just had a service done to fix the sunroof: had it at the dealership (no charges) and on the WI-TECH, code came up for the sunroof where it was not closing completely? They ran the fix, but I had never noticed any leaks prior. I use it regularly and just had the tech go ahead and run it since I was there. Like I said, not sure if it applies to you, but might be worth checking.
In my WK, I had a problem with the sunroof recalibration. It would leave the sunroof open a 1/4" or less in the back. I went through an automatic carwash without knowing I had the problem, and had a shower of water came poring in. After a few days of ripping out my entire interior and drying it out. I took it to a sunroof repair shop, and he said there was no fix for Chrysler sunroof motors once they lose calibration and I would need an all new motor. He tried to recalibrate it according to the manual, but that didn't work. Here's another way that seems to work great if you're having the problem, no trip to the dealer needed:
This is from a TSB from 2005. Steps 1 through 6 concern reprogramming the sunroof module with Starscan (deleted). You CAN do steps 7 through 12 in your driveway right now without steps 1-6.
7. Place the ignition switch in RUN position.
8. Close all of the doors.
9. Press and release the vent switch (sunroof should move to vent position).
10. Once the sunroof has stopped motion at the vent position, press and hold the vent switch for at least 5 seconds to recalibrate the sunroof position.
11. If the sunroof did not reach the full vent open position, press and hold the vent switch until the full-vent-open position is reached then release the vent switch, then press and hold the vent switch for at least 5 seconds to recalibrate the sunroof position.
12. Cycle the sunroof from the full-vent-open position to the full-slide-open position and back to the full-vent-open position at least 7 complete times.
The sunroof is now in customer mode, with the obstacle detection thresholds updated.