Another Jeep WK Lift - See More Inside - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Another Jeep WK Lift - See More Inside

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 10-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
ryann04
2008 WK 

Another Jeep WK Lift - See More Inside

I just found this:

http://www.zoneoffroad.ca/suspension...erokee-zonj20/

They are a Canadian company in B.C..

It seems they have a lift-kit VERY SIMILAR to the SUPERLIFT for a fraction of the cost.

Too good to be true? Anyone know about these?

Part Number = zonj20

Looks legit to me.

Blue WK Club Member #42 // DIESEL FTW !!!! -Ryan
ryann04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #2
dkpulsford

i thought they were from Michigan...

88 MJ
01 TJ
dkpulsford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
imthehink
2005 WK 

Nope, only company I know from there is JCR and Nates4x4
imthehink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #4
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

There was a thread about this lift compared to the Superlift a while back. The guy had bought and tested the Zone lift and ended up swapping to the Superlift after being dissapointed. I'll try to find it the thread he had
Unread 10-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Btw the superlift is only $200 bucks more WITH the EGR than this lift
Unread 10-24-2013, 02:05 PM   #6
ryann04
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post
There was a thread about this lift compared to the Superlift a while back. The guy had bought and tested the Zone lift and ended up swapping to the Superlift after being dissapointed. I'll try to find it the thread he had
wow! really? Good thing I asked about this before deciding to purchase it!

I am shopping around for a Super-Lift or similar (to keep factory geometry) for after x-mas. Then I found this!

If you can find the old posting about this, that would be great!
Unread 10-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #7
ryann04
2008 WK 

I just read that Zone Off Road lift kits are BDS Liftkits.
Unread 10-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #8
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryann04
wow! really? Good thing I asked about this before deciding to purchase it! I am shopping around for a Super-Lift or similar (to keep factory geometry) for after x-mas. Then I found this! If you can find the old posting about this, that would be great!
I'm on the mobile app so may take me a second to find it haha. Contact Kolak for Superlift pricing, best deal I could find and he has the best customer service I have ever seen. Send him a PM on here and he will respond usually by end of day ( may take till tomorrow he is a busy man )
Unread 10-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #9
ryann04
2008 WK 

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...ht=colo.%20kid

Quote:
Default BDS 4-inch Suspension kit--a comprehensive review
As many of you know I purchased the BDS 4-inch suspension for our 2008 CRD in part as I was interested in a comparison with the Superlift version, specifically the possible advantages of the rear setup (I will go into that in a moment). Now that I have about 6,000 miles on the odometer since installation of the BDS I feel comfortable in relating my feelings relative to performance, etc. Of these miles about 60% were highway (mostly pulling our 28 ft TT to Canada and back), 25% were around town and 15% were off road.

I feel the BDS offers quite a number of positive attributes, but like anything a few drawbacks. First the positives—
--BDS has an unconditional LIFETIME warranty that is bullet proof—if any component gets broken or damaged FOR ANY REASON they will replace it at no charge.
--very high-quality construction, including being double powder-coated, and better than average installation instructions.
--compatible with EGR module so the ESP effect is minimal (fyi the spindle is the same as the Superlift uses).
--use of poly bushings which are not as likely to deteriorate as rubber, and all but the swaybar links have zerk fittings for relatively easy lubrication. I am going to soon make a post relative to rubber v poly as some feel this is a negative and it will be an interesting discussion item.
--almost half the number of relocation brackets, which to me means fewer areas that might get loose or fatigue. Among other things this means the kit includes new upper rear control arms (again with zerks).
--In my mind the lack of Superlift’s huge relocation bracket for the front of the rear lower control arm is a major plus from a 4-wheeling standpoint, since it was frequently making contract with the terrain and limiting forward progress. I used the optional adjustable lower control arms, but the OEM ones would work equally well.
--BDS allows the customer to omit shocks entirely from the kit and thus use that "credit" to buy other shocks. Thus I was able to use Bilstein remote reservoir shocks on mine.
--the ride, handling and off-road performance were equal to the Superlift though the BDS excelled in one important aspect: rear tire clearance. Many of you recall the tire clearance issues that we experienced early on with the Superlift—the rear tire contracting the front part of the wheelwell when four wheeling. This issue was in part corrected when Superlift included longer bump stop extensions, but is still frequently an issue for larger tires (33-34 inches). Because the BDS design is different the upward travel of the rear wheels allows them to be more centered in the wheel well as the flew upward and thus my 34-inch tires clear just fine. See photo 1 of Superlift which shows 32-inch tires far forward and rubbing the front part of the wheel well, compared to photo 2 of BDS which shows 34-inch tires centered in the wheel well.

Now the downsides—
--First and foremost the BDS has a much smaller front skid plate. There is a plate that provides coverage for the lower extremity of the front differential but there is no coverage laterally (which is in reality not a big deal) and worse yet the plate is weak due to a lack of gussets, etc. (we have damaged the plate already—but it is under that unconditional warranty!!)
--Though the design includes a second front “cross member” that provides some degree of additional lateral strength accross the front suspension, it does so at the cost of several inches of ground clearance behind the front differential.
--Depending on where you are and how much you can bargain with your retailer the BDS may cost more than the Superlift. As far as I have been able to determine the dealer cost is about the same.

In summary I am pleased with the BDS kit, but I was pleased for over 4 years with the Superlift kit as well. Time will tell if the BDS continues to perform well over the long haul. What have others with BDS experienced?
Unread 10-24-2013, 02:17 PM   #10
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Here you go!: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/z...t-kit-1275452/ read the two links Omelet posted in post #9. It is the Zone(BDS) lift vs the Superlift.
Unread 10-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #11
ryann04
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkpulsford View Post
i thought they were from Michigan...
It is a quiescence, the one in Michigan is different from the one in Canada. They both deal in lifts and Jeeps though, they seem to be a separate entity.

[edit]

maybe not, I looked at both logos, they are exactly the same. Now here is what I dont unsertand; zoneoffroad.ca sells the lift for the Jeep WK, where as zoneoffroad.com(michigan) does NOT sell the lift kits for Jeep WK?! WTF?
Unread 10-24-2013, 03:24 PM   #12
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryann04
It is a quiescence, the one in Michigan is different from the one in Canada. They both deal in lifts and Jeeps though, they seem to be a separate entity. [edit] maybe not, I looked at both logos, they are exactly the same. Now here is what I dont unsertand; zoneoffroad.ca sells the lift for the Jeep WK, where as zoneoffroad.com(michigan) does NOT sell the lift kits for Jeep WK?! WTF?
That's odd
Unread 10-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #13
dieseljeep07

2007 WK 

Well I must say that after a 5 month back order I am glad to have the superlift. I would expect that the wait isn't so bad now. Plus I paid about the same as the zone lift with the EGR for my 2007 WK CRD. Plus with the discontinued AEV Pintlers for the WK, I am running 33" Cooper STT's. I will have to get some pictures up soon for all to see. Just had it put on.
dieseljeep07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #14
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

The last I had read the Zone lift didn't yield a full 4". They may have changed it now to achieve a full 4" but I still prefer Superlift. Just hope mine doesn't take long to get here!
Unread 10-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #15
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

I sell the superlift without EGR for $100 less then that zone kit, with EGR $200 more
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.