Another Coolant issue.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Another Coolant issue..

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 11-16-2013, 07:13 AM   #1
yeah_Jeep
2005 WK 

Another Coolant issue..

Hello all, I am new to this forum and also to the jeep world. I'm currently stationed in germany and I purchased a 2005 jeep grand cherokee for my wife and now having coolant issues. I did a hefty amount of searching but could not find a right answer or a help to the issue. I noticed a few weeks back that it was leaking coolant from the lower radiator hose. I had the jeep dealership just put a new clamp around it and filled it up with coolant. he pressure tested it and it was not leaking from there anymore so i figured it was fixed. I noticed today that there is spot on the driveway where my wife parks. I thought it was just water so I touched and smelt it and it was coolant. So I popped the hood and the coolant tank is almost empty. Here is a picture of what i am talking about. Sorry for how big it is i resized it on photobucket but doesnt seem to get smaller

I do not know what is wrong now. I started it up and watched under and didnt see anything leaking and shut it off and watched and nothing. Im not sure if it leaks when it is up to temp or just randomly. Im going to end up taking it back to the dealership and see if they can find the issue and fix it. I would greatly appreciate any help from anyone on here.

yeah_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #2
yeah_Jeep
2005 WK 

So after looking around a bit more i noticed the other lower hose clamp wasnt seated right so I pushed on it and this happened.

Unread 11-16-2013, 08:25 AM   #3
ducktail
2009 WK 

New clamp?
Unread 11-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #4
yeah_Jeep
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducktail View Post
New clamp?
I put 2 hose clamps on for a temporary fix since nothing is open tomorrow in germany. Going to set up a time to drop it off at the dealer next week. going to take it for a drive tomorrow and see if once i get it heated up if and where it will leak from. More to follow

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.