annoying spare tire low message won't go away - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > annoying spare tire low message won't go away

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 02-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #16
Muddy4DSM

Need to bring up this old thread again. I have an 06 WK limited and recently went through a headache with replacing my TPMS sensor for my spare. Anyways, got it replaced this week, drove for a few days with the "spare low pressure" warning. Got a tip to swap out the wheel with one of the others so I did that this morning. Oddly enough, the wheel with the new sensor is transmitting the pressure to my TPMS display on my dash, but is still telling me the spare is low. I think it's sitting at around 32-33 lbs so it not low. Any idea how long it takes to reset or is there something else I should be doing?

Has anyone discovered where the reader for the spare sensor is located? Maybe it can be unplugged to be reset or replaced? I don't think it needs replacement since it worked just a few months ago when the spare pressure actually got low because of a broken stem an was then replaced recently.

Unread 02-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #17
odell

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Muddy, guess I could have update this thread awhile back. I took my commander to the dealer and for 70 bucks they reprogrammed the sensors and all better. They tried to tell me the sensors I bought weren't compatible with my model but I gave them the part numbers off it to set them straight. I hated paying the money, but glad to get the annoying spare tire low message off my dash.
Unread 06-30-2013, 11:35 PM   #18
SaskHemi
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by odell View Post
Hey Muddy, guess I could have update this thread awhile back. I took my commander to the dealer and for 70 bucks they reprogrammed the sensors and all better. They tried to tell me the sensors I bought weren't compatible with my model but I gave them the part numbers off it to set them straight. I hated paying the money, but glad to get the annoying spare tire low message off my dash.
I'd really like to get rid of it too. Checked my spare and it was way overinflated, PO probably kept adding air to try and get the warning to go away. Adjusted all tires to correct pressure and like many others the warning is still there.

When you say they reprogrammed the sensors, what exactly do you mean? Did they reprogram the system or the sensors themselves? I'd like as much detail as possible so I can clearly instruct the dealer about what I want done.

Thanks!
Unread 06-30-2013, 11:38 PM   #19
WieSeL

Do you have a psi readout or just the idiot light? The sensors with just the light are self learning. Think your sensor went out in the spare
WieSeL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 11:40 PM   #20
SaskHemi
2005 WK 

I have the premium system with psi reading for the drive wheels, but not for the spare.
Unread 08-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #21
badger328

Hi All,
I'm having the same problem, my spare low pressure light has been on for 12 mths now and its driving me mad. The spare is correctly inflated and if i put the wheel anywhere on the car it works fine. No matter which wheel i put in the spare holder the evic always tells me that it is" spare low pressure" I asked a Jeep dealer and they want £98 per hr just to put it on the computer to tell me the problem and thats even without fixing it.Is there anyway to reset it myself. Thx

Also the alloy wheel sensor type tend to snap off at the valve with age and corrosion, the last time mine broke off about 2 yrs ago, i replaced the valve with a standard rubber one from the tyre dealers and cut the valve off the sensor and glued/polybonded the sensor to the inside of the wheel rim before the tyre was put back on, this saved me £70 because the tyre pressure is monitored by the tiny hole in the sensor and not by the valve. So if it breaks dont throw it away and buy new just do as i did. Thx
badger328 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.