All gears on dash circled? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > All gears on dash circled?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 12-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
Mustang415

All gears on dash circled?

I've been having all the gears on the dash circled. It doesn't happen all the time. I also had the check engine light come on and I didn't get a chance to check the codes. I found out with my 07 jeep grand cherokee v6 that u can just turn the key once and it will start without you holding the key there but once te gears are circled I have to hold it there manually. Is this a module going bad need some help thanks!

Mustang415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #2
sickchilly
2010 WK 

Most likely the transmission control module contacts are dirty/corroded. Try cleaning before replacing:
Unread 12-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #3
Mustang415

Thanks a lot I think this Maybe my problem because I noticed it shifting differently lately but I bought a warrenty on the jeep so I might just take it back and have them fix it.
Unread 12-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #4
Mustang415

I got the code check and it said transmission control unit. My powertrain warrenty said they won't cover it because it's not inside the transmission. Is it bad to drive with it going out it's not over reving or anything I just don't have money to afford the unit right now
Unread 12-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #5
deputyjason
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I had the same problem that happened intermittently. I wouldn't wait. I put it off, and my transmission blew so hard it cracked the pan and ruined the case(no core).

Dorman makes one that I got for $269 on Amazon and it works perfectly.
deputyjason is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.