Alcmene, thee build/mod thread to somewhere. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Alcmene, thee build/mod thread to somewhere.

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-Load

Unread 11-08-2012, 07:06 AM   #1
Anthony92x
2007 WK 

Alcmene, thee build/mod thread to somewhere.

First off, origin of the name. I myself see my Jeep as a protector. It will keep me safe as long as I'm respectful to it. I love the way my wk looks and it's a big reason why I bought it. All of the pluses came after I bought it. I plan to lift it high and make it look even better.

Sooo. In Greek mythology, Alcmene is the mother of Heracles but also greeks see Alcmene as the tallest, most beautiful woman with wisdom surpassed by no person born of mortal parents. It is said that her face and dark eyes were as charming as Aphrodite's, and that she honoured her husband like no woman before her.

Got a ring to it right? So let's begin this long, slow, sometimes exciting build slash mod thread.
As all of us do it seems I've taken ideas from other builds and made them my own. As of right now I haven't done anything to the WK that I regret. Everything has went pretty smooth and that makes me happy. I'm still learning to do things with vehicle and it is quite an experience considering my old car was much more easier to figure out.

Speaking of last vehicle I've made a HUGE upgrade to the grand cherokee.
A 2003 dodge neon SE. Definitely nothing special. It was sort of a project car since it was my first. My mother named it Neo and it acted as the best friend that would tie your shoe laces together and watch you fall. Quite an unpredictable little car. Very sturdy though.

image-3612426694.jpg

Patriotic huh

Well onto Alcmene. She's a 2007 WK Laredo. Has the 3.7 like most but it's pretty well equipped. Heated leather seats, dual seat control, sunroof, roof rack, traction control, back-up sensors and adjustable pedals. Pretty much the works. Very happy about my purchase other then the price I'm paying for it.

Here it is. My new toy.

newererer-381.jpg

Sent from the Death Star

Unread 11-08-2012, 07:47 AM   #2
Anthony92x
2007 WK 

As all Jeeps should have their day in the mud, soon after i brought it home and wheeled it!

newererer-413.jpg

I realize that i need to start taking videos of my offroading adventures, i just never think of it until after the fact

I also know that some people comolain about the QT1 but in my experience it has not let me down at all. I am very happy with the system, yes its not as good but still.

Anyhow I drove around quite a bit to find some places to get dirty so i found an abandoned concrete facility. It didn't have any no trespassing signs up and i know its been open before so i attempted the area behind it. wasnt to bad but i did almost slip off a 8 foot high cliff stupid loose ground, luckily there was a small dirt mound i managed to snug my tire against to prevent it. Here is a picture of the area just at a different time

adrienne-picaaaaa-133.jpg

Fun Day
Unread 11-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #3
Anthony92x
2007 WK 

I stopped getting on here so not really interested in continuing. See ya on the wk & XK group!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.