Alarm keeps sounding. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Alarm keeps sounding.

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 07-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #1
jamie1131
2006 WK 

Alarm keeps sounding.

Hi Folks, sorry if this is a repeat but I need help quick! The alarm (factory fitted, not aftermarket) keeps sounding for now apparent reason.
Its getting late hear and I'm sure its pissing the neighbours off but I don't want to to leave it switched off.
What sensors trigger the alarm?

jamie1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
colinzj
2006 WK 

In the US, door sensors are it.

On the export models, you have a couple extra possibilities depending on the market and year:
1. The hood switch
2. An interior ultrasonic sensor
Unread 07-22-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
shortysmash
2007 WK 

On my wk it ended up being the lift gate latch micro-switch for the lights. So when my jeep was locked and armed that switch would make the lights flicker and set off the alarm. You cannot replace just the microswitch. You have to replace the latch assembly too. So I just unplugged the switch and now all is good. The only downside is when I open the liftgate the interior lights do not come on, so i have to keep hitting unlock on the key remote. no biggie
shortysmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #4
shortysmash
2007 WK 

if it goes off again before you disarm the system peek through the drivers window at your dash and see if it says door, liftgate, liftglass open. That will help you narrow it down.
shortysmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #5
jamie1131
2006 WK 

Thanks guys. It hasn't done it since friday night. I think it may have been a bug flying around in the car that set the alarm off.
jamie1131 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.