AJeepZJ's WK Build Thread - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > AJeepZJ's WK Build Thread

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 01-21-2012, 06:27 PM   #76
Dusk53
2000 WJ 

Yeah man, I'd love to get up sometime. I've been busy on account of the new semester and trying to find a lease. Miss wrenching on my wj.

East Carolina University
Dusk53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #77
BlackedOutWK
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
When you've finally decided on a tire that you LIKE...ie good traction, self-cleansing abilities, good even wear, not too loud)... And you KNOW the tire fits, it's no longer about the size of the tire - you switch your concerns to the stress the larger tire will add, if any. So, I tend to care about the weight of the tire, load range/ply, sidewall ply... - things that contribute to the weight, haha.

In the end you want to make a decision that best suits your wheeling. I wheel in a mix of everything, mud (though I hate it), sand, rocks, snow (when I can find it)... and depending on where you are wheeling rocks on the East Coast aren't QUITE as bad as West Coast - this would normally effect your sidewall ply requirement. But, anyway, these are things that will, or should, ultimately affect your tire decision.

I just kind of got lucky. There are several 3.7L's running around with 33's. We just have to be a little smarter about our tire choices than the V8's, but it is possible. And then there are other options for improving power, which I plan on doing, lol.
i've had my mind set on these for a bit now but i was still concerned with engine strain...even though they are only a few lbs more than my bfg mt's it was the extra resistance that the size would add that really had me concerned. but with all of the extra weight you carry plus these tires...if your 3.7 can handle it then i'm not too worried anymore. i already have a cai, ported tb, power wire, that's about all there is other than exhaust as far as performance gains go. so i guess my only hope down the road is if they come out with a decent tuner for 07+ 3.7's
Unread 01-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #78
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk53 View Post
Yeah man, I'd love to get up sometime. I've been busy on account of the new semester and trying to find a lease. Miss wrenching on my wj.
Yeah, you know where to find me, lol - I'm always up for meet'n new Jeep folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutWK View Post
i've had my mind set on these for a bit now but i was still concerned with engine strain...even though they are only a few lbs more than my bfg mt's it was the extra resistance that the size would add that really had me concerned. but with all of the extra weight you carry plus these tires...if your 3.7 can handle it then i'm not too worried anymore. i already have a cai, ported tb, power wire, that's about all there is other than exhaust as far as performance gains go. so i guess my only hope down the road is if they come out with a decent tuner for 07+ 3.7's
Yeah.. i've done NO mods that remotely help this engine, lmao. It's kinda on my list. If you have a build thread, i'll probably be checking yours out for those mods.
Unread 01-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #79
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Got the rest of my hardware to install my firestik - looks great.

Unread 01-22-2012, 10:07 AM   #80
SSF556
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
SSF556 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #81
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

AJ - great photos, as usual! Rig looks good. Those 285's have me thinkin . . .

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #82
mrtosh
2005 WK 

How'd they do in the sand?
'05 WK Limited QDII, Superlift 6", Bilstein struts,315/70/17 Duratracs, Gibson CB, Volant CAI, JBA UCA's, JKS quick disco, adj. Rear trac bar, 4xguard armor, Diablosport Intune, Xenondepot 6000k HID's, Putco Jet yellow fogs.
mrtosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #83
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr29 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
AJ - great photos, as usual! Rig looks good. Those 285's have me thinkin . . .
Thanks - and do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtosh View Post
How'd they do in the sand?
I like it... These tires are actually known to do well in the sand - So I was not worried about the performance in that category.
Unread 01-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #84
mattydipps
2006 WK 

the antenna looks great what did you go with a 4 foot firestik?
Unread 01-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #85
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

I would but I just bought these 265's a few months back. Even if I can turn 'em quicklike on Craigslist for a good buck I'd have to drop more bucks on the bigger meats. That's $ I'd rather use to get my rig armored. But those 285's look awesome!

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #86
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydipps View Post
the antenna looks great what did you go with a 4 foot firestik?
Yes sir, with a heavy duty spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
I would but I just bought these 265's a few months back. Even if I can turn 'em quicklike on Craigslist for a good buck I'd have to drop more bucks on the bigger meats. That's $ I'd rather use to get my rig armored. But those 285's look awesome!
Of course, dude. When your ready for some new ones, of course!
Unread 01-22-2012, 04:49 PM   #87
mattydipps
2006 WK 

thats sweet man i just picked up a 3 foot firestik .. waiting for the mount to come in the mail ... if you dont mind me asking how did you run the coax cable?
Unread 01-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #88
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydipps View Post
thats sweet man i just picked up a 3 foot firestik .. waiting for the mount to come in the mail ... if you dont mind me asking how did you run the coax cable?
I hope I explain this well, lol.

I didn't drill any holes for mine. The cord is run, neatly, directly into the cargo bay on the left side. then runs along the back seats in the cargo. Then runs between the chair and the body of the vehicle - trying to get to the ground as much as possible. The cord runs from there on the floor, under the rear passenger side door, and along the trim between the carpet and plastic by the door - well hidden by my slush mats. Then I run it under the front passenger seat and it comes up between the passenger seat and middle console where my CB is.
Unread 01-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #89
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
I hope I explain this well, lol.

I didn't drill any holes for mine. The cord is run, neatly, directly into the cargo bay on the left side. then runs along the back seats in the cargo. Then runs between the chair and the body of the vehicle - trying to get to the ground as much as possible. The cord runs from there on the floor, under the rear passenger side door, and along the trim between the carpet and plastic by the door - well hidden by my slush mats. Then I run it under the front passenger seat and it comes up between the passenger seat and middle console where my CB is.
that works for me i got the brunt of it lol im looking for the most discrete with the less damage done to the truck lol thanks man
Unread 01-22-2012, 10:11 PM   #90
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydipps

that works for me i got the brunt of it lol im looking for the most discrete with the less damage done to the truck lol thanks man
I ran mine through the bottom of the tailight to the interior pulling all the interior panels from the back quarter all the way to the panel right beneath the steering column exposing the fuse box. Ran it underneath all those and you cannot see the wire at all
'05 WK Limited, QD-II, 5.7L HEMI, Volant Cold Air Intake, Aries Taillight Guards, Rola Roof Rack, Cobra CB, Firestik Antennas, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, OME HD lift, 285/70-17 GY Duratracs, Spidertrax Spacers, Superchips Programmer, Steel Armadillo Super Sliders
~Jeep makes it HEMI shakes it~Ain't Nothing Humble about that HEMI Rumble~
S1L3NT_WH33L3R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
285/70/17 , 3.7l , lifted , ome , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.